IGNORED

Most IDM moment of your life so far

Guest Araungzeb

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

writing a post on watmm, then deleting it, then writing it again, then clicking post, then editing it and writing "nvm". i associate "idm" with failure and anxiety.

this one time i painted my bathroom while listening to draft 7.30. i painted it a colour that appears white to everyone else but only i know that i mixed in a tiny bit of blue and yellow.

I think when I went to the Ubufalum after party at Village Underground and was standing watching Luke Vibert when I turned around to see Tom Jenkinson and he happened to look directly at me. I just did a blank face and looked back at Luke. So fucking IDM.

one time, i went into a synth museum, not for the tour, but because my friend was picking up an organ he was getting fixed, in the shop in the same establishment. so we picked up the synth from some old grey bearded dude, who was pretty rad. so we picked up the organ, and we're kind of just saying thanks and goodbye, making some small talk, when he asked us, if we liked trent reznor. obviously, we both told him we didnt, then he asked, do you like aphex twin? i grabbed my hair and told him i loved aphex twin. he then told us he had a synth in the shop that he was repairing for aphex twin. i remained calm, and asked him if i could see it. he amazingly cooperated, and we went back into the shop, and showed me a stack of 2 or 3 black synths that looked like they came out of the late 70s or early 80s. he's was like, "there it is" , and i twiddled those knobs like ive never twiddled before. he told me they had talked on the phone frequently, and made a point to tell me, "he's not as weird as his albums are". haha, pretty funny. then he told me about him getting married and stuff, and at that point i started to suspect he was secretly a huge aphex fan, regardless of being over 60 years old. then he said, but i cant give you his phone number or anything, as if he thought i was going to ask. so that was probably my most idm moment, so far. i still have the guys business card, so if i ever really NEEDED to contact aphex, like in a life or death situation, i could call this guy, and he could connect me to the man himself

this one time i painted my bathroom while listening to draft 7.30. i painted it a colour that appears white to everyone else but only i know that i mixed in a tiny bit of blue and yellow.

srsly, if draft 7.30 is not the perfect album for doing shit with paint, i don't know what is.

was putting stucco on a wall yesterday while listening to it and it was so psychedelic.

writing a post on watmm, then deleting it, then writing it again, then clicking post, then editing it and writing "nvm". i associate "idm" with failure and anxiety.

i did that so many times that i got a warning for doing more 'moderating' than all moderators combined that year. around 5000 edits. idm and sad as fuck.

My most IDM moment was at a local hip-hop show. Very wide-appeal, easily marketable type stuff. Though the opening act, for some reason, was a totally improvised jam between Dosh and some other local DJ. Basically sounded like super spaced-out Autechre type hip hop beats with tons of reverb and distorted samples/scratching over the top. Not a SINGLE person was into it, everyone was just sitting at tables in the back talking and drinking. But I was super stoned, getting my mind blown, straight up IDM-style. So I was totally alone on the dance floor getting down to some weird ass abstract jams with a bunch of mainstream hip-hop kids staring at me the entire time.

And then I found out this really fine girl I liked was amongst them. So that pretty much blew all my chances with her haha. Overall the night seemed pretty IDM to me. Main act sucked too, but of course everyone moved up front for that shit. I don't get people.

• 2 weeks later...

One time a few years ago....

Me and a couple friends dropped some acid and were hanging out at a friends in a sketchy part of town. There are crackheads a few doors down. Friendly ones, the whole neighborhood knows them. They are having a crack party in their backyard, drinking beer and smoking; the toothless one is strumming a guitar and singing (something about "what I do in the bathroom... now that's my little secret!"). The night progresses and they move things indoors.

Anyways, we're really high on acid in the backyard and notice they're smoking crack still, we can see them through the window. We're messed up too... so we figure it'd be funny to sit on some lawnchairs and watch them. Crack TV right?

They notice that we are watching them and they're all paranoid from the crack smoking... So they don't want to move away from the window otherwise (in their eyes) we would know they're up to something suspicious. So the next three hours consists of them trying to sneak hoots of crack in weird ways instead of just moving from the window.

We're all chatting and having a good time tripping the paranoid crackheads out... It's about 4AM. A random lady runs in between us and their house and looks straight at us and goes "SHHHHHHHHHHH" flailing her arms and stuff. She runs into the backyard where they were earlier and grabs a random half empty beer and then runs away...wtf? Anyway, 6AM rolls around, and we hear noises behind us!

There is a group of people on their balcony a few doors down, they were drinking. They were watching us watch the crackheads the whole night.

It was... crazy.

Guest cult fiction

Was listening to Druqks back when it first came out, driving on bad ice, and got into a serious accident. Glass shattered on the passenger side window and only the speaker on my side kept working throughout. Spent a long time dazed in the seat just letting it play before the other person came to check on me.

Was listening to Druqks back when it first came out, driving on bad ice, and got into a serious accident. Glass shattered on the passenger side window and only the speaker on my side kept working throughout. Spent a long time dazed in the seat just letting it play before the other person came to check on me.

the speaker really seals the idm deal on this one.

Archived