IGNORED

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Never really noticed the bleep mix. Giving it a whirl and it's great so far and neat that there's the video for that one track in it that Kaini just posted.

Guest bitroast

yeah. i saw VHS Head post it on facebook. and the video on youtube has links to bandcamp, his twitter etc.

i was flipping out thinking it was a new song and maybe an EP or something was coming. then it clicked it was from the Bleep Mix. :dadjoke: !!

thanks for posting the video, kaini!! i keep forgetting vhs head is a talented video artist as well, although i like his abstract / glitchy type stuff more which has something genuinely nightmarish to it. this one is a nice diversion though and seems a bit more silly which isn't a bad thing at all. :happy:

btw if he is still working as a builder during the day his nights must be loooong... :catsalute:

oh yeah, and the bleep mix is asia argento's tits! :catbed:

Nighttime listening worked its magic. Camera Eyes at midnight made me want to watch Street Trash INSTANTLY.

Bleep Mix is my current nightly-city-stroll soundtrack and it, too, is as effective as I could ever hope. I now feel like the album is more feature film score-ish while the mix has more of a tv-vibe, but that may be just an impression.

yeah i dont know, when i finally got the bleep mix i tried listening a few times but couldnt really get into it. seems to be too many segments taken from films straight, and i do think that could be a cool thing itself, but not so much, for me, in this particular case.

the album on the other hand is amazing

Guest bitroast

yeah i dont know, when i finally got the bleep mix i tried listening a few times but couldnt really get into it. seems to be too many segments taken from films straight, and i do think that could be a cool thing itself, but not so much, for me, in this particular case.

the album on the other hand is amazing

the methlab mix is another one that's worth checking out (if you haven't already). lots of unique tracks, has a different flow to the bleep mix.

^ +1 on the Methlab Mix, some of my favorite VHS on dere, lots of excellent unreleased choonage. Only 1 film extract on there too (and only a short intermission at that).

There's a couple I think, God Told Me To, Last House On The Left

the methlab mix is another one that's worth checking out (if you haven't already). lots of unique tracks, has a different flow to the bleep mix.

my god, this is sooo good!

this man needs a blu ray player. i love his musics, but i fear for his health if he keeps knocking out tunes like that. all these saturated pads...

Guest jasondonervan

Wow, the downbeat one with the anime video is just lovely !

That sequence is from Angel's Egg. Amazingly surreal animation work, I'd urge everyone to check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I blasted this again yesterday and it hasn't gotten any worse, on the contrary. What this album proves to me is that if TROG showed that Ade knows his tricks, POV shows that he can now master them. What I love about POV is that nearly every time I give it a go, I spot something that wasn't there last time I gave it a listen. For instance I hadn't spotted before the sweet delay effect in Red Ocean Apocalypse (starting from 3:00) where the main melody is playing subtly in the background and creating this echo-like effect. Nearly went to apeshit when I spotted it. I'm really really loving that part now. There are so many details in all tracks. One of the best albums of the year; no matter how insane amount of great stuff we've had. Can't praise it enough.

is this a headphones record? cause i've listened to it like 5 times on my monitors and i'm always left feeling a little cold - which is weird because i feel like TROG was just perfect blasting remote control or twitch of the nerve FUCKING LOUD.

maybe i'm missing something and I'll catch it in the headphones - but so far I haven't been convinced (even though it's obviously good, just expectations after TROG were so impossibly high)

is this a headphones record? cause i've listened to it like 5 times on my monitors and i'm always left feeling a little cold - which is weird because i feel like TROG was just perfect blasting remote control or twitch of the nerve FUCKING LOUD.

maybe i'm missing something and I'll catch it in the headphones - but so far I haven't been convinced (even though it's obviously good, just expectations after TROG were so impossibly high)

It's decent on phones but I've been blasting it in my car pretty regularly since may

I blasted this again yesterday and it hasn't gotten any worse, on the contrary. What this album proves to me is that if TROG showed that Ade knows his tricks, POV shows that he can now master them. What I love about POV is that nearly every time I give it a go, I spot something that wasn't there last time I gave it a listen. For instance I hadn't spotted before the sweet delay effect in Red Ocean Apocalypse (starting from 3:00) where the main melody is playing subtly in the background and creating this echo-like effect. Nearly went to apeshit when I spotted it. I'm really really loving that part now. There are so many details in all tracks. One of the best albums of the year; no matter how insane amount of great stuff we've had. Can't praise it enough.

Agreed 100%.

is this a headphones record?

Yes, headphones & weed, but yes.

PoV is ISO 9001 certified to meet or exceed TROG standards

Archived