Sign in to follow this  
Terpentintollwut

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

Thanks man - that was going to be my next question !

I blasted this again yesterday and it hasn't gotten any worse, on the contrary. What this album proves to me is that if TROG showed that Ade knows his tricks, POV shows that he can now master them. What I love about POV is that nearly every time I give it a go, I spot something that wasn't there last time I gave it a listen. For instance I hadn't spotted before the sweet delay effect in Red Ocean Apocalypse (starting from 3:00) where the main melody is playing subtly in the background and creating this echo-like effect. Nearly went to apeshit when I spotted it. I'm really really loving that part now. There are so many details in all tracks. One of the best albums of the year; no matter how insane amount of great stuff we've had. Can't praise it enough.

is this a headphones record? cause i've listened to it like 5 times on my monitors and i'm always left feeling a little cold - which is weird because i feel like TROG was just perfect blasting remote control or twitch of the nerve FUCKING LOUD.

maybe i'm missing something and I'll catch it in the headphones - but so far I haven't been convinced (even though it's obviously good, just expectations after TROG were so impossibly high)

is this a headphones record? cause i've listened to it like 5 times on my monitors and i'm always left feeling a little cold - which is weird because i feel like TROG was just perfect blasting remote control or twitch of the nerve FUCKING LOUD.

maybe i'm missing something and I'll catch it in the headphones - but so far I haven't been convinced (even though it's obviously good, just expectations after TROG were so impossibly high)

It's decent on phones but I've been blasting it in my car pretty regularly since may

I blasted this again yesterday and it hasn't gotten any worse, on the contrary. What this album proves to me is that if TROG showed that Ade knows his tricks, POV shows that he can now master them. What I love about POV is that nearly every time I give it a go, I spot something that wasn't there last time I gave it a listen. For instance I hadn't spotted before the sweet delay effect in Red Ocean Apocalypse (starting from 3:00) where the main melody is playing subtly in the background and creating this echo-like effect. Nearly went to apeshit when I spotted it. I'm really really loving that part now. There are so many details in all tracks. One of the best albums of the year; no matter how insane amount of great stuff we've had. Can't praise it enough.

Agreed 100%.

is this a headphones record?

Yes, headphones & weed, but yes.

PoV is ISO 9001 certified to meet or exceed TROG standards

PoV is ISO 9001 certified to meet or exceed TROG standards

QA fistbump. :cool:

Anybody spot any samples yet? I'd love to know the origin of the "Hey you, I got a message for ya. Don't look in the closet" voice

Great album. I probably burned myself out with TROG when it came out so it was nice to come back to his stuff after a long period away.

Sample spotting is one of the fun parts of listening to VHS Head for me. "Enter the Devil" (check 1.47) samples the synth stab from Ulli Lommel's "The Boogeyman" (at .46 seconds in the video) throughout the track.

[youtubehd]M5-D3ENBxl4[/youtubehd]

VHS Head just posted this up on his youtube. Might be of interest to some.

How is this album ageing for all of you?

I had a bad experience where i listened to Aphex Twin for about 4 hours (last few discs of analord, tuss, then syro) in a bit of a state... went straight to VHS Head and the re-entry didn't go so well. I have been a bit burnt i think

awesome still lovin it, have spun some tracks a lot more than others though.

Yeah still loving it. Can't believe its almost been a year now. Would love for an ep to come before the year ends

I'm keen to know whether a new VHS Head album is in the works at the moment? I know there are a few people on here who keep up to date on the latest so please share if you know anything!

He tweeted the mysterious ''Trademark Ribbons Of Gold Pt.2'' a few weeks ago. Really got me stoked. Sorry I'm not an insider so that is all I know. Oscillik then again....come come I have a cookie waiting for you if you spill some beans :wink: .

keep your eyes and ears open...

lol wtf, I'm no MDG

I just bought a vinyl copy of this yesterday: I had the CD since release, but I loved the artwork so much, and seeing it at my local record store, I wanted this copy just for that cover art. Very pleased to see there's different art on the sleeves and the LPs themselves that weren't in the CD version. Bonus!

"Body Magic" rocks my teeth off! Fuck yeah!

My gawd that first track!?! Autechre wat? :nyan: VHS mixes always deliver the goods

nice to hear he wants to keep making music

Great video. I hope the track at 4:00 is released