IGNORED

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

Anybody spot any samples yet? I'd love to know the origin of the "Hey you, I got a message for ya. Don't look in the closet" voice

Great album. I probably burned myself out with TROG when it came out so it was nice to come back to his stuff after a long period away.

Sample spotting is one of the fun parts of listening to VHS Head for me. "Enter the Devil" (check 1.47) samples the synth stab from Ulli Lommel's "The Boogeyman" (at .46 seconds in the video) throughout the track.

[youtubehd]M5-D3ENBxl4[/youtubehd]

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm keen to know whether a new VHS Head album is in the works at the moment? I know there are a few people on here who keep up to date on the latest so please share if you know anything!

He tweeted the mysterious ''Trademark Ribbons Of Gold Pt.2'' a few weeks ago. Really got me stoked. Sorry I'm not an insider so that is all I know. Oscillik then again....come come I have a cookie waiting for you if you spill some beans :wink: .

I just bought a vinyl copy of this yesterday: I had the CD since release, but I loved the artwork so much, and seeing it at my local record store, I wanted this copy just for that cover art. Very pleased to see there's different art on the sleeves and the LPs themselves that weren't in the CD version. Bonus!

"Body Magic" rocks my teeth off! Fuck yeah!

• 6 months later...
Guest bitroast

oooo cool video. v nice seeing ' the process '

This guys a true original. I like how he does all the sequencing live to a video loop - interesting creative process.

indeed!!

i remember ceephax uploaded video with similar description:

" I made this music whilst watching this video on repeat, so I figured it would be the best video for the track.
Video by cat2525jp originally at

"(HD) Night drive in Tokyo 01 -夜の首都高 湾岸線→台場線→C1→渋谷線- " Thanks for allowing for its use!"

Archived