IGNORED

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

Guest bitroast

not at all for me^

if anything it boosted my respect for him as musician. 'true original' (quote: westhead, Yesterday, 08:46 AM) sums it up nicely.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cult fiction

Yeah this video spoils 0 mystery, dude is legit, sits and watches VHS movies late at night using a 12 year old (tracker?) and composing to video loops on the CRT above him

anyway the important bit about any artist imo is the product and what it reveals about their inner mind, if you need 'mystery' or expect somebody to have some kind of exceptional living circumstance or whatever you're really looking for a gimmick and ignoring the fact that this person has created a tunnel into their inner world w/ their music.

these brits are just so down to earth - just making the music and moving on with life. impressive and inspiring. fuck i hate brooklyn

sounds like you've got some tales to tell!

in all seriousness though, of all the musicians I've met in person, everyone has always been really laid back. I've not really been able to chat with anyone from outside of Europe though...

I somehow managed to put off listening to this for 2 entire years (EDIT: I guess it's only been out for like 15 months, derp). At any rate, I'm sure it's far too late to buy the vinyl so I'm listening on Spotify like a dick (I bought Midnight Section & Trademark on vinyl though), but I just wanted to say that this is great stuff.

It does feel both more emotionally detached and technically superior to Trademark. I almost wanted to say it's like his Campfire Headphase but that doesn't really do it justice because this is more interesting both technically and emotionally than TCH. Some of the melodies seem to have a little less bite than usual but when he finds his groove (which is on almost all the tracks) they really hit the mark. I think he's expressing himself more through the rhythm than the melodies which I am very much into at the moment. He's really getting a knack for those sexy late 80s / early 90s type basslines too.

Also Red Ocean Apocalypse could totally be the title screen to a TV show, totally reminds me of Beyond 2000 from the Discovery Channel in the 90s. Those kicks are beefy too.

Trademark Ribbons hit me hard at a time in my life when I needed its weird rugged solace, and this feels really right to me now in a much different, more self-assured way. Both of them have that great sense of determination that a dude who watches fucktons of VHS tapes just to find sweet samples definitely understands.

• 11 months later...

Nice video and remix! Though I still prefer the original, it tended to get overlooked amongst all the awesomeness of POV but it sets the tone for the rest of the album perfectly.

And if someone asks if you're a god, say yes ffs

Halloween present from Ade on FB today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DunPBfmH0lU

heck yes.

i was raised on a healthy diet of horror movies and one of the things that truly creeped me out was that fleshless woman from hellraiser. it was kind of erotic, bc she was naked innit? but incredibly unsettling too.

would do/Ade pls

• 1 year later...

fuck i discovered this album a few weeks ago and am in love with everything about it. can't believe how many shat on the album art at the beginning of this thread... the art is as mindblowing as the music!

this may well be my favorite abum of the decade thus far. sorry, had to bump

fuck i discovered this album a few weeks ago and am in love with everything about it. can't believe how many shat on the album art at the beginning of this thread... the art is as mindblowing as the music!

hehe its good but erm.... the first one is a lot better

hehe its good but erm.... the first one is a lot better

Apples and oranges to some degree but yes I'd have to concur.

looks like i'm going backwards into his dicography. TROG is next...

Well, that’s a mind blowing treat incoming for you then!

Funny, I just dig this out earlier today to listen to on the last CD player I’ll ever buy.

Archived