IGNORED

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

I still cannot believe how incredible this album is even after half a decade. Almost brings a tear to the eye, cutting/arranging like i've never heard before. Even amongst all that gory complexity, the interludes Mutant Nights, Dead To Morrow, Do You Understand, and Jealousy are absolutely mindblowing and touching at the same time. Beautiful, over-saturated memories

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently discovered this album and absolutely fell in love with it. The first album is good too, and I guess I can sorta see why it seems to be most peoples preference but Persistence of Vision really does it for me. I feel like... it's harder to discern how it was made, I feel like the further back I go back into his discography, the more obvious it is that the music is made from cut up samples. Not that that's a bad thing, I think it's pretty obvious on PoV, it's just that it feels far more seamless. I also like how much darker it is... I saw another comment here describing the artwork as 80s/early 90s cyber-horror, and I think that describes the music really well too.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost a bit too so, eh?

Still love the hjonk outta this album though.  Hopefully he returns soon with more badass stuff.  Skam pls

I recently discovered this album and absolutely fell in love with it. The first album is good too, and I guess I can sorta see why it seems to be most peoples preference but Persistence of Vision really does it for me. I feel like... it's harder to discern how it was made, I feel like the further back I go back into his discography, the more obvious it is that the music is made from cut up samples. Not that that's a bad thing, I think it's pretty obvious on PoV, it's just that it feels far more seamless. I also like how much darker it is... I saw another comment here describing the artwork as 80s/early 90s cyber-horror, and I think that describes the music really well too.

Yah, I love his sample aesthetic and especially how he seems to have gotten more masterful at it with each release.  Like picking the meat off a transfinite corpse of feels cask-aged in obsolete technology, then smearing, stretching, layering, and otherwise mangling samples to fuck for a rhythm track, ala death dimension and siege express. Just hook it to my veins.

Also, the opening track on that short "mix my glink up" mixe where he chops up tears for fears, autechre, and who knows what else is a fucking beast.

Guest Ovitus

I love sounds with context. Even if it's completely devoid of reference, you know it came from something else. like a musical collage.

• 4 months later...
Just now, thumbass said:

Just relistened tot it today. Is still fucking amazing, damnit, i just wish he'd release something new... Skam in general is really silent these days...

LOCK YOUR DOORS…(they're coming)

1 minute ago, oscillik said:

I'm saying that new stuff is coming, by referencing an iconic track from Trademark Ribbons Of Gold

Nice

Sorry its been years since i listened to that album, have to return tot that one after POV

Yeah if you check in on his Twitter occasionally it seems like he's got something in the works. I cant even imagine how much work must go into his music.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thumbass said:

Just got an email from blerp that my order was cancelled. Apparently stock on order isn't a real thing and they arent able to get any stock at all..... . . . .

Wait, what were you trying to buy?

23 minutes ago, oscillik said:

You might have to go on Discogs or something

There's only 1 seller, lol. I bought his first album instead

Just now, thumbass said:

There's only 1 seller, lol. I bought his first album instead

And I was allowed to keep the digital of pov so that's nice

Archived