IGNORED

Why doesnt the USA help Detroit?

Guest skibby

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

that would be a big project right? then lots of other poor run down cities will start drama about getting help too

detroit looks bad because its abandoned but there are lots of fully occupied cities that are just as bad

its interesting that so much money gets handed over to foreign governments like its welfare. and americans complain about helping their own fellow citizens. odd.

David Guetta will drop X-101's Sonic Destroyer at Tomorrow World festival and 1 billion rich white EDM kids will download the entire UR back catalogue, making Detroit the world's most profitable city. Mike Banks will be elected mayor.

David Guetta will drop X-101's Sonic Destroyer at Tomorrow World festival and 1 billion rich white EDM kids will download the entire UR back catalogue, making Detroit the world's most profitable city. Mike Banks will be elected mayor.

The people of Detroit will return once the Programmers will be diminished from the world's music theater. David Guetta and his propaganda ministers wont do.

lol @ the idea that exactly $0 "american tax dollars" go to detroit as if detroit were not a location in the United States of America benefitting from myriad federal programs and services

like Uncle Sam just came in and saw that there were a few too many black folk in detroit and he pulled out a jackhammer and spitefully destroyed the interstate highway system in the vicinity of that accursed realm

edit: actually, that probably happened

lol

process black people into oil, problem solved

make first car powered by sebaceous oil and razor bumps

er...

/racist

Aren't they shooting transformers 15 there right now, along with some other movie? Clearly they just needed a big cheap movie lot to rival the appeal of Canada

Detroit is beyond help at this point. Any federal dollars that enter that city will be put into a corrupt political systems pockets & "disappear" so to speak. But, they want to build another dumbass monorail to nowhere. People mover 2.0. Go figure.

Detroit is beyond help at this point. Any federal dollars that enter that city will be put into a corrupt political systems pockets & "disappear" so to speak. But, they want to build another dumbass monorail to nowhere. People mover 2.0. Go figure.

invade

invade

Don't know if it would be worth the spoils you'd get in return. Maybe the DIA. That'd be about it...Oh, I forgot about the salt mines. Shitloads of salt. reminds me of...

[youtubehd]m0ym0oXXHgQ[/youtubehd]

Get the yuppies to move in from the burbs, install some national franchise stores

It's very hipster friendly atm. They're trying to get retail down there. But, it's a slow go. Cost/reward I'm assuming. The problem is the city is just too damn big. The downtown area is fine, but that's only a percentage of the actual city size compared to the actual population. The taxbase outside of the downtown area don't really like to pay taxes all that much. I can't blame them. Going through bankruptcy right now, city services are already 3rd world & worsening. Hence all the flight. First white flight, now black. What's left is the segment of folks at the bottom of the barrel. The crime is unmanageable. The city plain & simple, needs to be contracted. But to contract, they'll need a shitload of money & industry to develop land. It truly is a dystopic hellhole. Queue Snake pliskin. But, i digress.

Detroit is not beyond help, else nobody would live in Michigan at all. It is an interesting case and I don't really know what has happened there, but the fact is the actual city of Detroit, not the municipality of Detroit, has grown, not shrunk. As I've said, I don't really know what's going on there, but surely this fact must be something to keep in mind.

Detroit is not beyond help, else nobody would live in Michigan at all. It is an interesting case and I don't really know what has happened there, but the fact is the actual city of Detroit, not the municipality of Detroit, has grown, not shrunk. As I've said, I don't really know what's going on there, but surely this fact must be something to keep in mind.

Well, Detroit & the Tri-county area are 2 different worlds atm. Oakland county, just outside of Wayne county (detroits home), is one of the richest in the US. There are many options for employment & good employment that don't pass through the city.

Too much has happened to list as to why this happened to Detroit. In the 50's, the city was a powerhouse in the US. But, overtime, corrupt political systems, nepotism, a flailing auto industry, global economics & decline of US manafacturing reared their respective heads.

I'm not sure about Detroit growing. The census seems to show it declining heavily every year over here. But, that's counting folks who actually bother to be included. I'm sure there is still a heavy influx of immigrants who are flying under the radar.

We'll see what happens after the bankruptcy, but, I don't hold much faith that everything is gonna be sunshine & lollipops.

I dunno about the numbers behind the help for detroit, but I really don't like that we send so much money & military aid to Israel. And I really don't like that most Americans are in strong support of this shit. We are in no position to be sending over $8 million in aid per day to a country locked in perpetual warfare.

Seems like at least a little of that money really could be going to our bankrupted cities.

that would be a big project right? then lots of other poor run down cities will start drama about getting help too

detroit looks bad because its abandoned but there are lots of fully occupied cities that are just as bad

Save Philadelphia, Oakland, Chicago, Baltimore, Newark, Cleveland, Buffalo, etc.

the question should be what does u.s get from military aid to israel and whether it's worth 3bil$ a year ? because unless you believe that jews control washington there should be some rationale behind it.

Archived