IGNORED

Catherine - A Story In Twelve Parts

sheatheman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMwIBkShyzw

I did an earnest search to make sure no one else has posted about this.

This is one of the finest things I've discovered in a long time. People joke that it's so tense, and I get that joke, but there is a strange kind of tension there.

My favorite part about it though is how much the dialogue, especially that of the two main characters, reminds me of playing Shenmue. If you loved Shenmue as one of the digital masterpieces of the 20th century for its strengths and flaws equally, then you will want to check this out.

I will say that though the actors seem to have a general idea of whats going on, the writer(s) producer(s) aren't being entirely consistent. Things could be more honed, but hey, there really isn't a model for this type of thing besides brief segments of Tim and Eric which I assume the creator(s) of Catherine were heavily involved in. I'm assuming Dj Dougpound is one of the main people here. The only model outside of Tim and Eric can think of is actual PSA's and workplace orientation and safety videos.

it feels like there's some very deep commentary on modern life going on here but I'm not in nearly the right state of mind to pontificate about it

But I am gonna give it big props for making generic office politics feel so tense without employing any sort of obvious ploys

Archived