IGNORED

Under the Skin - Jonathan Glazer

MadameChaos

besides the Master, this was probably the most interesting movie i've seen of the last 4 years. I don't mean to be hyperbolic but i thought it was close to Kubrick level, i'm excited to see what Glazer will do next

my friend the other day told me he liked Lucy better than Under the SKin and i actually got furious

all I heard about Lucy is that she turns into a USB flash drive?

nope.avi

From a bloke's perspective its interesting the way the story twists the time worn serial killer bs, with men as the hunted prey. It fucks with you too as most times when your inner perv begins to roam & indulge Miss Johansson,,,,,,, bad news. Dont think a film has captured a city, environment & its population so evocatively since maybe Taxi Driver, with the viewer roaming, watching (good twists on the gaze),,,,, cos the east-end of Glasgow is sketchy enough.

A Field In England is twisted,,,,, the scenes with the roped-possession/tent-exit and the cloaked mirrored fit-inducing mega frame editing section are disturbing,,,, wanted it to go deeper into the rabbit-hole/occult route when the shrooms kicked in a bit more, but compare it to Sightseers and it def packs more in

I would like to find out about the production aspect of the movie : were they full actors or scripted scenes with real people?

In the vehicle they filmed "real" people and if they made the cut, then Glazer filled them in on what they would do next for the film. Except for the gentleman with the deformity, he is an actor.

• 4 weeks later...

Took advantage of HMV's '3 Blu-rays for £20' deal and snatched this up in the process. Finally got around to watching it last night...

Absolutely wicked film! My brain has been craving this particular mood/atmosphere for a while and Under the Skin definitely fits the bill. Even got some 2001: A Space Odyssey vibes at certain points. Brilliant concept, beautifully shot, and like cwmbrancity said, Glazer did an immense job of capturing the environment. One of the best film scores I've ever heard too. Definitely sounds like it could have been composed by Ligeti or Penderecki.

Also, let's not forget...

Fully nude Scarlett Johansson, my prayers have been answered!

my friend the other day told me he liked Lucy better than Under the SKin and i actually got furious

all I heard about Lucy is that she turns into a USB flash drive?

nope.avi

haha! that's a pretty accurate assesment. it also has the least exciting fight scenes in any action movie i've seen recently.

i mean she can do anything right, so what does he do? er let's 'av them floating up in de air with their legs wiggling around.

Archived