IGNORED

Shellac - Dude Incredible

usagi

Albini's been talking about the new Shellac album being in the works and close to release but no concrete release date as yet (good chance it'll be out by the end of the year though). just saw on the ATP fb page that the title will be Dude, Incredible.

• 1 year later...

Bump to say 'LOL it's only just came out despite promises made in 2013!"

And it's awesome. But then, it IS Shellac. And the production is pretty spiffy too, that Albini knows what's up.

Also, the title is incorrect: it's just Dude Incredible, no comma.

"This is Shellac’s fifth LP. Recording took place sporadically over the past few years at Steve's ELECTRICAL AUDIO studios in Chicago. The record was mastered by Steve Rooke at ABBEY ROAD. There is no comma in ‘Dude Incredible’; like Sir Duke or King Friday, for example."

'Dude Incredible' is brilliant, just like everything else they've ever released. I think is album is a lot more immediate than 'Excellent Italian Greyhound', which took me quite a while to appreciate. Puts me in mind of 'At Action Park' in places.

I could listen to almost anything recorded by Albini (apart from Bush), just for the drum sounds alone.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

'Dude Incredible' is brilliant, just like everything else they've ever released. I think is album is a lot more immediate than 'Excellent Italian Greyhound', which took me quite a while to appreciate. Puts me in mind of 'At Action Park' in places.

I could listen to almost anything recorded by Albini (apart from Bush), just for the drum sounds alone.

You should check out My Disco. I think they're the best band Albini has recorded since Neurosis

• 3 years later...

random ass bump but Shellac have just been announced as a headliner for Arctangent this year !! stoked to see em. i'd actually never got around to hearing this one until today. good shit !

Archived