IGNORED

Trading MPC500 for MPC2000XL

soma333

Hey duderz! So I am somewhat on the verge of making this trade go down...

Basically I need to check the 2000xl to make sure it's fully functioning, as I believe the person trading it has no idea wtf he has or what he is doing, so I don't trust this guy to honestly know if everything on and in the unit works.

Any tips for me? I've never even touched anything higher than an older 1000, so it's going to be hard for me to know what to test, ya know...

Thanks for the advice man! No I'm serious homes, call me a noob Cus that's what we do, but I'm not kidding about this, and it's about to go down in a few hours

Meet at a music shop. they wont care if you plug the thing into some speakers and test it out to make sure it works, then make the trade. Make sure outputs, panning and effects work, other than that, I'm not sure what would be wrong with it... Meeting in a music shop is public too so you can't get robbed, if it doesn't work you can give the trader a big WTF. That's how I've done trades/buys via craigslist with people.

Hope this actually helps.

Sorry Man, I thought you wanted to find someone to trade a 2000xl for a 500.

Read your post again and it seems like you already found one who is willing to trade.

So again, LOL at the poor soul who gives away his 2000xl. Congrats to you, Dude.

As a owner of a 2000xl myself, all I can say is: play a bit with it, make sure all pads are working, the Display is ok and all the Guy above said.

Haha I had a feeling...and yeah man, a serious WTF to this guy if it works the way he purports...

He told me the mpc500 suits his needs better (???). The only I can think of is USB midi capabilities ??? Does that make sense?? I'm freakin out and my brain can't comprehend this guys reasoning.

Haha I had a feeling...and yeah man, a serious WTF to this guy if it works the way he purports...

He told me the mpc500 suits his needs better (???). The only I can think of is USB midi capabilities ??? Does that make sense?? I'm freakin out and my brain can't comprehend this guys reasoning.

It's smaller? beatz on da go

Definitely bring a gun and be prepared to use it.

Yeah, let's just say my assumption is that MPC users or owners are a varied crowd.

I remember watching this MPC video randomly with and when he was trying to explain what features the MPC 5000 had, he began "firstly" that it looks cool and, well, a bigger number than 4000

0:35

This deal is shrouded in shadiness man, you should've seen the vid this guy sends me...

(Halfway thru pushing buttons and pads to show that they function as buttons):"...I don't have any speakers or else I'd show you da soundz"

:facepalm:

I'm also packing headphones

it's got AIDS!

yep, and this is why you should have murdered the guy when you had the chance.

and then he could have had 2 mpc's

With all the aids-hepatitis hospital stays, I could've been killing it with 2 mpcs...dammit this was why I ask y'all, this is supposed to be the expert forum!

On the real, it's like 110 degrees here in Memphrica and my job obviously does not require ac in the van...

it's got AIDS!

yep, and this is why you should have murdered the guy when you had the chance.

and then he could have had 2 mpc's

And with a daily cocktail of antiretroviral agents the 2KXL will be able to live a long and fruitful life.

Archived