IGNORED

Echospace [Detroit] Bandcamp

Guest jasondonervan

Guest jasondonervan

I grabbed it as well. Can't wait to try it all out. I think it's supposed to ship this week.

Good good. You'll see/hear it before me, then - it's gotta cross the pond before I can get my hands on it.

Dimensional Space? I think so. Boomkat has updated their listing to October. Maybe that's telling:

http://boomkat.com/cds/468803-cv313-dimensional-space

If you're referring to the album on their bandcamp, that's been out for years, and is well out of print.

I was talking about the cv313 live@primary CD.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh snaps:

Weeks of boxes, taping, packing, packaging, printing, labeling, paper cuts, sleep deprivation, blood, sweat and tears! cv313's "live @ primary" Limited Edition CD in stock and shipping, "Altering Illusion" 2XCD, cv313's "Dimensional Space" 2XCD and Brock Van Wey's "Home" 2XCD sets shipping out to distro's and shops at the end of the month. Those who've placed pre-orders on this will receive a mail as soon as they ship but on or around the same time. Those who ordered the DVD sound library will also be receiving confirmation on the ship date via our newsletter. Thanks again for the continued support and patience.

Guest jasondonervan

Couple of extra physical bits went up over the last day or so, all also available digitally (although for cv313, only 4 of the 9 tracks on the CD).

Variant - Falling Stars CD (existing release, ed. of 50)

a4028478256_2.jpg

cv313 - [ live excursions ] CD (new release, ed. of 100)

a2821261443_2.jpg

kompvte - DVILLE (Clear and Black splattered vinyl) 12" (new release, ed. of 90)

a3704700926_2.jpg

Deepchord - Vantage Isle Sessions (DIGITAL ONLY)

a1669117247_2.jpg

Edited by jasondonervan

• 3 weeks later...

As of 11 hours ago:

"I want to wish everyone our deepest apologies as there have been a plethora of unforeseen circumstances and tragic events (personally and in business) and hope for understanding in a very difficult time. We personally had to endure a great deal of loss in the past months and are doing everything humanly possible to have all of the releases shipped out to customers and our lovely (and understanding) distribution partners. We value and appreciate our fans and customers and the wonderful relationships and friendships we made along the way. Without you guys none of this would be possible so please find it in your heart to accept our apologies and rest easier knowing the music will come, from our heart to yours. God bless all of you."

Wonder what all happened...

• 5 weeks later...
Guest jasondonervan

As of 11 hours ago:

"I want to wish everyone our deepest apologies as there have been a plethora of unforeseen circumstances and tragic events (personally and in business) and hope for understanding in a very difficult time. We personally had to endure a great deal of loss in the past months and are doing everything humanly possible to have all of the releases shipped out to customers and our lovely (and understanding) distribution partners. We value and appreciate our fans and customers and the wonderful relationships and friendships we made along the way. Without you guys none of this would be possible so please find it in your heart to accept our apologies and rest easier knowing the music will come, from our heart to yours. God bless all of you."

Wonder what all happened...

I completely missed this when you first posted it - I came in here this morning to ask if anyone else still hadn't seen anything that they had ordered - having a quick read in the discogs groups, it seems nobody has received their orders/not getting a response to emails...

Sounds like a pretty big series of events has kicked them back.

Yeah. I definitely haven't received anything. This was posted on December 2nd:

"cv313 "live excursions" and cv313's "live_@_primary" shipping now. Altering Illusions, DImensional Space and Brock Van Wey's "Home" are all shipping together next week. Shops will have them mid-december in the US, UK, EU and Japan. Thank God!"

Then someone asked when the Deepchord remasters would ship:

"Still working out details but it will be soon after."

Man… maybe we'll get this stuff by March?

"cv313 "live @ primary" echospace [detroit] live 02 and cv313 "live excursions" (DEMF 2001 - Glasscity Showcase) echospace [detroit] live 03 and also the double CD/DVD "echoes in space" sound library all in on Friday this week, packages are all ready, customs forms in order. Due to the fact the plant was giving me such a hard time replacing the initial order and or refunding any money as of yet, I had to have them done at a different pressing plant. Instead of using the generic black cases w/stickers (and to save time on packaging) I had them replicated in full color matte finished sleeves, cost a small fortune but I think everyone will be happier, they look really nice. Thanks for everything."

Guest jasondonervan

I've got lots of orders where it's just a couple of bits at a time, as it was put up... no idea if it's all being batched up or processed as it becomes available? I'll not bother sending another email to add to the pile, I'd rather they spend the time sorting the orders out...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jasondonervan

This just dropped in my inbox from Echospace. It pretty much explains all the delays:

"The most pressing question and concern of many (including ourselves), "where's the new CD's?" Regarding all existing orders via Bandcamp; pre-ordering releases are unpredictable in the music business and orders can be delayed up to any given time for sake of the unforeseen constellation of circumstances that inevitably inhibit the release itself. No excuses people, just the truth.

In the case of the past releases we haven't forgotten about you or anyone else for that matter and we am working on it, it's really disheartening because we put our trust in a pressing plant who assured us after all 6 of 7 jobs (we ran every job together in September, it really helps on shipping!) and when nearly every last one came in with issues we were told we would get refunded or after investigation we would get the projects replaced. They eventually agreed to replace the products after 6 weeks of deliberation, promised ship dates that never came (hens the confusion and inaccurate post on facebook) our last communication with them in or around Thanksgiving and we were told they would be shipping only to find out 1 week later our jobs were bumped for 30,000 units of a Christmas CD! That was the last straw. We've given information based on what we were receiving from the plant in re-doing jobs but they haven't honored their word to us which in turn means all of our customers (like you) are confused and upset.

The long and short of the situation is we went to a reputable plant and ran everything all over again as we can't deal with waiting any longer, we may have lost terribly due to poor decisions in manufacturing but we've rectified the issue and went elsewhere as we couldn't release inferior products, we value our devoted fans far to much, you are worth it! The plant we are currently working with are doing everything in their power to get them to ASAP!

The label has revised its infrastructure to support the many people who believe in the music, and truly implement the practice of patience. Inquiries regarding orders or other concerns can be addressed directly to: Joel Mueller info@echospacedetroit.com - In 2014 he will be handling all shipping/receiving concerns effective immediately.

We are on the brink of change that is going to be insanely good, a roseate future for us all!

PLEASE NOTE: All back-ordered products have been dispatched, the bandcamp site has been updated with ship dates on all new titles, you will get confirmation once your order has been shipped. Thank you! :-)

All of the new titles are due to arrive on January 13th and will be shipped on this date, we have confirmation from the pressing plant. Distributors and shops will also be receiving stock around this time as well so if you have existing pre-orders they will be supplying them shortly."

------------------

"The man behind the Echospace label, producer and recording artist, Stephen Hitchell, discusses his life behind the music. Hitchell explores the transformative powers of the highly-anticipated release of cv313's "Dimensional Space", amongst other key points of pertinent information. After years of talk, the album is finally coming together for its vinyl and CD releases."

http://blog.bandcamp.com/2013/12/10/detroit-dub-resurrection/

Guest jasondonervan

Not sure if folks saw this before, but this one is 'name your price' (ie free). Made using the 'echoes in space' DVD sound library (still waiting for my copy!):

variant - thru the cosmos [ison + spica] (1 track, 44m41s)

a2505591603_2.jpg

"Live recording reflecting on perhaps the most anticipated astronomical event of the year as Comet ISON makes its way toward the sun, in just a few days it will be the closest proximity to it and should be something worth gazing up at the sky and reflecting on the time, space continuum. By Christmas day, the comet will take its brightest form illuminating the night sky helping us to remember how mystical and magical the universe really is as this comet crosses paths with spica. The recording was made in reflection of this event and meant to score as a soundtrack to it and the constellation of mystical events occurring in the depths of space."

Bandcamp

What's that then? Upcoming single, part of an album? Intrusion, cv313 track? Comparable to Clouds Beyond?

Edit: is a track from DImensional Space, which is now again available on the bandcamp page. Ordered.

Edited by azatoth