IGNORED

Echospace [Detroit] Bandcamp

Guest jasondonervan

19 hours ago, NewSchoolScience said:

How do they get away with pricing digital copies like this?  Even if it is 8 hours of music, $80 (before tax!) is taking the absolute piss.  It's ridiculous.  Ae only charged £35 for the 24bit digital copies of the 8 hour NTS Sessions.

https://echospacedetroit.bandcamp.com/album/vortexual-tape-sessions-series-collection

maybe because they’re pretentious 

14 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:
19 hours ago, NewSchoolScience said:

How do they get away with pricing digital copies like this?  Even if it is 8 hours of music, $80 (before tax!) is taking the absolute piss.  It's ridiculous.  Ae only charged £35 for the 24bit digital copies of the 8 hour NTS Sessions.

https://echospacedetroit.bandcamp.com/album/vortexual-tape-sessions-series-collection

maybe because they’re pretentious 

that's a terrible take rubin.

I've shifted away from physical releases for a while now so I was unaware of this debacle; kinda stating the obvs but this reflects really badly on the artists (modell & hitchcock) and leaves me wondering whether they deserve patronage anymore.

At least reading some of those discogs threads corroborated my basic sentiments about the glut of samey material pushed out by them in recent years, with titles like DriftawayFarts (Ambient Dub Rehash Excursions I-IV)

• Like 1

im still mad that i ordered their repress of model 500 starlight 12"s... it never came, i wrote them, got a long message from stephen hitchell saying the presses were bad etc and that they were repressing them. they still never came. that was a fucking expensive email i paid for!

On 8/31/2020 at 8:08 PM, NewSchoolScience said:

I stand corrected, £75 is a bargain.

I must apologise, I really thought you we're trolling me with a wrong price, but then I figured that you meant the $79.95 with VAT, which makes about £75, so I'm sorry, @NewSchoolScience, for my inane reaction. Nevertheless, it's still a relative bargain in absolute monetary terms compared to about £89 for the releases when bought separately. As for the price of a digital album, $12 is about 10 € is about £9, that's within the average price range of a full album on Bandcamp, most albums I've bought recently have been between 8-12 € (£7-10), EPs for about 5-8 € (£4-7) . But would I buy the collection or the releases in question for that price? No, because I don't like the music (that much). YMMV.

Edited by dcom

12 hours ago, dr lopez said:

im still mad that i ordered their repress of model 500 starlight 12"s... it never came, i wrote them, got a long message from stephen hitchell saying the presses were bad etc and that they were repressing them. they still never came. that was a fucking expensive email i paid for!

That's not good. No offer of a refund or anything? 

Looks like their original bandcamp store "Echospace [detroit]" has had the carpet pulled from under it -- it's blocked from processing transactions:
https://echospacedetroit.bandcamp.com/
Sorry, you can’t purchase from this artist at this time. Please go back to update your order. (code -11:0)

But, there's a second store "Echospace [studio]" that is processing transactions:
https://echospacestudio.bandcamp.com/

?

• Thanks 1

Mighty suspect that another bandcamp popped up when the other is blocked. Haven't ordered from them in years, and will probably stay clear of them from now on with all the unshipped orders and bad communication and to be frank how many variations of a recording of a synth patch looping for hours do you need.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 9/1/2020 at 3:31 PM, dr lopez said:

got an email that they are FINALLY coming out. This is 4 years after I ordered them. Lol. I’ve moved about 4 times!

• Confused 1

On 9/1/2020 at 11:08 PM, prdctvsm said:

sad 2 learn bout thing / debacle    ))::

echospace-biz.jpg

they do make f awsm dub techno tho, so damn shame sumbody trustworthy can't step in & manage their production & distro.

Can believe I forgot about this, please accept my belated love borger

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...