Radiohead - OK Computer, Kid A, The King of Limbs

Re:nG - Link

Renard - Intensive Care Unit, This Place Will Grow

Sigur Rós - Valtari

Squarepusher - Ultravisitor

Stars - Set Yourself On Fire

Wisp - Building Dragons

門角【整列P】- gainsboro

So I was thinking... amazing album titles.

Names that fit the music perfectly, are very clever, are an in-joke for fans or just plain original and awesome.

Any genre.

GO!

I will start with:-

Venetian Snares - printf("shiver in eternal darkness/n");

If it had been simply Shiver in Eternal Darkness then it would sum up the music beautifully; dark and cold and menacing, foreboding doom and all that shit. Brilliant. But the fact that Snares wraps it up in a bit of C coding adds a level of geekery which reflects the computational nature of his music. Probably my favourite album title of his.

The /n though, it hurts me every time I look at it.

Do you think he did that on purpose just to annoy people like you? :w00t::music:

Another suggestion:-

Goldie - Timeless.

Absolutely is! 18 years on from release and it sounds super fresh to this day.

Secret Chiefs 3 - Book of Horizons

King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic

Matmos - The Civil War (which i see as not just a reference to the civil war era music the album is based on, but also the analog vs. digital and past vs. present conflicts which it explores)

Guest Rulohead32

Autechre - L-Event (seriously, it's the best word game i've witnessed)

Radiohead - OK Computer

Björk - Debut (most obvious, impossible)

Millie Jackson - Back to the S**t!

!!! - !!!

Aphex Twin - drukQs / Analord (this last one has the best word-game pun)

Rihanna - Unapologetic (thanks to this album I learnt a new word)

Adele - 19 / 21

Lady Gaga - ARTPOP

Plaid - scintilli

Atoms for Peace - AMOK

The xx - xx

Venetian Snares - Rossz Csillag Alatt Született

Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto (they were thinking: yeah why not, cause we can)

Sigur Rós - ()

Gescom - Minidisc

Guest Rulohead32

and I found this funny album by Fiona Apple named "When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You'll Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You Know That You're Right".

Guest cult fiction

I will start with:-

Venetian Snares - printf("shiver in eternal darkness/n");

If it had been simply Shiver in Eternal Darkness then it would sum up the music beautifully; dark and cold and menacing, foreboding doom and all that shit. Brilliant. But the fact that Snares wraps it up in a bit of C coding adds a level of geekery which reflects the computational nature of his music. Probably my favourite album title of his.

The /n though, it hurts me every time I look at it.

Do you think he did that on purpose just to annoy people like you? :w00t::music:

I'm sure he would say he did it on purpose, but I sincerely doubt it.

The Black Dog - Music For Real Airports

Squarepusher - Feed Me Weird Things

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons Of Gold

Scanner - Lauwarm Instrumentals / The Garden Is Full Of Metal

Hype Williams - Find Out What Happens When People Stop Being Polite And Start Gettin Reel

Foe - Bad Dream Hotline

Always liked Seasons in the Abyss, I think that's a classic, perhaps my all time favorite. Dark Side of the Moon is another great, just over-exposure has worn it down. Trout Mask Replica is another good one.

Guest disparaissant

and I found this funny album by Fiona Apple named "When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You'll Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You Know That You're Right".

Her newest is The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do, which is a much better name and also a much better album.

Her newest is The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do, which is a much better name and also a much better album.

Always been a fan of some of Alice Donut's pre-reformation (and very much pre-emo) titles:

Bucketfulls of Sickness and Horror in an Otherwise Meaningless Life

Revenge Fantasies of the Impotent

The Untidy Suicides of Your Degenerate Childrenn

plus

The Fucking Cunts Treat Us Like Pricks by Flux Of Pink Indians (ace band name variation as well).

Boards of Canada - Geogaddi

Prefuse 73 - One Word Extinguisher

Swans - My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky / Soundtracks for the Blind

Raime - If Anywhere Was Here He Would Know Where We Are
Earth - A Bureaucratic Desire For Extra-Capsular Extraction

Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman I'm A Machine

Code Orange Kids - Love Is Love / Return To Dust

Lovage - Music To Make Love To Your Old Lady By
Ulver - Shadows of the Sun

Behold... the Arctopus: 'Nanonucleonic Cyborg Summoning'

mewithoutYou: 'It's all Crazy! It's all false! It's all a dream! It's all right!'

Clubroot- any title

Clark: Empty the Bones of You

Infinite Body: Carve out the Face of my God

Archived