IGNORED

WATMM Podcast

MadameChaos

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rulohead32

I wouldn't mind doing a segment called "the rules" where I essentially just read the rules, but with some musical backing.

Lol

Interviews! Interviews with members. Someone records questions to a member. Member records answers.

Yeah pls

There could be like an "ad" in every podcast where a watmmer advertises his album or ep too, and puts a song off it. It would only take 5 minutes.

no

yes! ghost stories, radio dramas read in over dramatic voices, charismatic DJs who say carazy things between tracks, interviews with members, post of the week/month segments, cooking, but no Terrence McKenna. guy was a tool. and just to back this statement up because i know ppl will cry and panties will be scrunched, the guy made a program to predict the end of the world. just, really just think about that. anyone making the mistake of reading one of my posts just now- consider how you might think he was a genius about how drugs can make your mind explore other dimensions, and how he seemed to think he literally was going to other dimensions. now consider how you may tell friends that you appreciate actual science. the guy may as well have believed in ghosts or boogeymonsters. he predicted the end of the world and used those mayan predictions we heard so much about on the history channel, to tweak his predictions. he may as well have been the dude in charles watkins' avatar. fucking face it. he was NOT the genius everyone gives him credit for. making predictions for the end of the world is like something fucking slyvia browne would do. really. consider that. ppl think the guy was a genius, simply because he was very knowledgeable (collecting lots of knowledge doesn't make you a genius at all), and could ramble on for hours and somehow tangle his obscure historic knowledge into his theories about how drugs are super awesome and allow you to travel to other planets. if anything he was more like dustin hoffman in rain man except sniffing dmt up his ass all the time too. to me the guy kind of made me feel like drugs are less awesome. i hope i never find an interview where he says afx is cool too.

ok FINE if SR4 wants to ramble about how mushrooms let him actually talk to aliens or how drugs made the pyramids, FINE. do it. it might be full retard but it will be our full retard.

edit- compson would be the best for channeling terrance mckenna :( so i switch my vote back to no TMesqueries

If all this podcast will have is details on upcoming gigs and releases, then I doubt a whole lot of people is going to waste any time on it. I know WATMM is a music community and all that, but most of that stuff can be found out by just reading the forum.

Ghost stories and cooking advice mixed with some music here and there would be awesome. WATMM has always been kinda random in its humor, so in my professional and well-balanced opinion, this podcast should reflect that.

i heard Deepex has a great radio voice. he should have a block of time where he just reads stuff. little golden books or whatever who cares. guy has a beautiful voice.

second this, he really does

no

yes! ghost stories, radio dramas read in over dramatic voices, charismatic DJs who say carazy things between tracks, interviews with members, post of the week/month segments, cooking, but no Terrence McKenna. guy was a tool. and just to back this statement up because i know ppl will cry and panties will be scrunched, the guy made a program to predict the end of the world. just, really just think about that. anyone making the mistake of reading one of my posts just now- consider how you might think he was a genius about how drugs can make your mind explore other dimensions, and how he seemed to think he literally was going to other dimensions. now consider how you may tell friends that you appreciate actual science. the guy may as well have believed in ghosts or boogeymonsters. he predicted the end of the world and used those mayan predictions we heard so much about on the history channel, to tweak his predictions. he may as well have been the dude in charles watkins' avatar. fucking face it. he was NOT the genius everyone gives him credit for. making predictions for the end of the world is like something fucking slyvia browne would do. really. consider that. ppl think the guy was a genius, simply because he was very knowledgeable (collecting lots of knowledge doesn't make you a genius at all), and could ramble on for hours and somehow tangle his obscure historic knowledge into his theories about how drugs are super awesome and allow you to travel to other planets. if anything he was more like dustin hoffman in rain man except sniffing dmt up his ass all the time too. to me the guy kind of made me feel like drugs are less awesome. i hope i never find an interview where he says afx is cool too.

ok FINE if SR4 wants to ramble about how mushrooms let him actually talk to aliens or how drugs made the pyramids, FINE. do it. it might be full retard but it will be our full retard.

edit- compson would be the best for channeling terrance mckenna :( so i switch my vote back to no TMesqueries

MrE. The segment was going to be satire. Its a comedy bit. Relax.

no doy it would be a comedy show. sometimes im just a jerk and feel like ranting about things. deal with it, assface!

ANYWAY

i must say that, i would probably have tuned into a Charles Watkins fireside chat (where i would always imagine him as Giorgio Tsoukalos, and wearing a smoking jacket) half hour weekly show, just to see whatever was on the dude's mind. since he's gone i think the next best thing would be Adam. Adam should get a show with free rein to say or do anything. it will probably be fantastic.

The opening sequence should be someone walking into a room (in radioplay fashion, of course) of people (who are having a conversation) and saying "Chat the hell is going on in here?" and then cue laugh track and then like cue "come and knock on our door"-type intro music

Either there will be a podcast or not, we need a musical theme. Post your take and maybe even some jingles if you're in a playful mood.

Then we decide a winner by poll for the official intro and others may still be usable too.

Guest Rulohead32

Either there will be a podcast or not, we need a musical theme. Post your take and maybe even some jingles if you're in a playful mood.

Then we decide a winner by poll for the official intro and others may still be usable too.

A good "curtain" jingle (is it said this way for the short music that sounds between two sections of a programme?) would be the start from Dael. Only the "boom-z-z-chhh".

Everyone do this. We'll use everything, don't we?

Fuck sake, i made this in a minute incl. upload, say WATMM in a mic and put a fancy filter on it

[sc5]113662912%3Fsecret_token%3Ds-MPTBv[/sc5]

I have one even from Sean Booth of Autechre. He PM'ed me this jingle after he found out about the idea. He's very enthusiastic in delivering unreleased stuff for podcasts.

[sc5]113679531%3Fsecret_token%3Ds-zMXaM[/sc5]

Archived