IGNORED

The Bro Tunes

Guest The Bro

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to my ears it still has a definite "demo 2 - dub" off a casio keyboard kind of sound. i know you'll probably think i'm just being cuntish, but i ain't trying to be... again, as i've said before - it baffles me why you insist on using absolutely stock sounds, with fuck all effects or dynamics. it's like you can't really be arsed to try and do something individual or interesting - this sounds like it took you about ten minutes man... my advice (which you probably don't want) is to remake this, lay it out exactly the same if you like, but like, put a shit load of distortion, ring mod and echoey reverb all over it - treat every different sound with one of those 3 effects before you put them back into the layout (if you think it sounds shit, this is probably a good thing - force yourself out of your comfort zone, do something you've never done before!). it'll make it 1000% better and take you a couple of hours at most. come on the bro - more effort needed!

3/10 - must try harder.

• 2 months later...

Hey The Bro,

What's your attitude and or philosophy in your own words with your jams? I think this is an interesting question.

Guest The Bro

Just to make uplifting tunes basically and try and get a dose of funk in there which I'm working on. I just want peeps to be able to dance to my music basically. Hope that's answered your question. :-)

Old jazzy funky dubstep thing. I know the mix is bad but I just posted it up to Soundcloud to get a feel for what folks thoughts.

I liked the drums, the beat and the sounds. Maybe needs some pads or something "warm"? Well this is a short one so it could be an intro to something a bit bigger. Nice funky thing going on anyway.

Guest The Bro

Old jazzy funky dubstep thing. I know the mix is bad but I just posted it up to Soundcloud to get a feel for what folks thoughts.

I liked the drums, the beat and the sounds. Maybe needs some pads or something "warm"? Well this is a short one so it could be an intro to something a bit bigger. Nice funky thing going on anyway.

Thanks. Yeah I'll try and have a play on it again if I can get my old Ableton workspaces to actually work!!

Still really dissapointed that you failed to send me stems for the remix.

Sorry man I just never got around to it. I'll try and do it this weekend.

New track/demo ting. Hope you enjoy. This one is about 2 years old. https://soundcloud.com/thebro/skippy-beats-demo

I can totally see this as the background track to an early 90's teach yourself english video cassette.

New track/demo ting. Hope you enjoy. This one is about 2 years old. https://soundcloud.com/thebro/skippy-beats-demo

I can totally see this as the background track to an early 90's teach yourself english video cassette.

there is indeed something super vintage about this.

im transported to when i was playing the first tony hawk video game, choosing skateboard and changing the appearance of a custom skater.

is it a backing track? part of a collaboration with your mates?

Guest The Bro

there is indeed something super vintage about this.

im transported to when i was playing the first tony hawk video game, choosing skateboard and changing the appearance of a custom skater.

is it a backing track? part of a collaboration with your mates?

No collaboration - just something I did by myself. :-) I do have a collaboration on my Soundcloud though that I did with my friend GadManDubs.

These are some funky jams. Though I do recommend you add some more glide in there. Needs more bending and flexing. It sounds too... midi. If you know what I mean.

Yeah I'm working on my soloing - aiming to get more funk into them!

i just posted without hearing that last one, which nails the filter thing kinda. although the filter freq seems to be run by an lfo when it ought to get triggered with the note envelope imo.

what instruments are you using? samples/etc?

Guest The Bro

i just posted without hearing that last one, which nails the filter thing kinda. although the filter freq seems to be run by an lfo when it ought to get triggered with the note envelope imo.

what instruments are you using? samples/etc?

I'm using Minimogue VST for the bass, piano comes from my Korg 05r/w and I got some break i was using for the drums combined with a little dx clap I seem to recall.

Archived