IGNORED

The Bro Tunes

Guest The Bro

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still really dissapointed that you failed to send me stems for the remix.

Sorry man I just never got around to it. I'll try and do it this weekend.

New track/demo ting. Hope you enjoy. This one is about 2 years old. https://soundcloud.com/thebro/skippy-beats-demo

I can totally see this as the background track to an early 90's teach yourself english video cassette.

I would definitely say this is on one of those casettes, but it's a casette produced by Chromeo.

Guest The Bro

Still really dissapointed that you failed to send me stems for the remix.

Sorry man I just never got around to it. I'll try and do it this weekend.

New track/demo ting. Hope you enjoy. This one is about 2 years old. https://soundcloud.com/thebro/skippy-beats-demo

I can totally see this as the background track to an early 90's teach yourself english video cassette.

I would definitely say this is on one of those casettes, but it's a casette produced by Chromeo.

Thanks although I don't think I'm on the same level as Chromeo!!

Skippy beat reminds me a little of Vibert, with the classic drum breaks being replaced by stock midi drums. Either incredibly tongue in cheek and/or just bad taste ;-) , still some funk left. Felt you could have switched up, variated the melodic bits more half into the track.

Guest The Bro

Skippy beat reminds me a little of Vibert, with the classic drum breaks being replaced by stock midi drums. Either incredibly tongue in cheek and/or just bad taste ;-) , still some funk left. Felt you could have switched up, variated the melodic bits more half into the track.

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I definitely felt it sounded like Luke Vibert too - I even named it Wagon Beats before I came up with the original title Skippy Beats lol. Agree with your comments about varying the melodic bits in the second half of the track!

Yeah man I would recommend ditching the generic/preset/stock sounds. Your ideas are workable but everything is rigidly locked to a grid, executed without regard for dynamics or articulation or timefeel or vibe or texture, all with factory patches.

Focus on that stuff and you'll be pointed in the right direction IMO.

I think you have a style of your own, The Bro. It reminds me of Tim Heidecker (from Tim & Eric) a bit, are you familiar?

I say, keep doing it the way you are doing it, and go even more extreme with what you're already doing. If people say you are rigid and boring, get even more rigid and less dynamic to the point that there are no dynamics at all, and no flexibility at all, then you might create a new kind of music.

Make bandcamp albums of these tunes to gather them into groups, with awesome cool cover art.

Guest The Bro

Oh sure. I know this ain't the easiest place to get opinions on my music 'cause I don't really do idm. More like funk vibes with a Bro flavour. You're right though personal taste limits what I can enjoy here and I'll be honest 90% of the tracks I listen to I still can't get into but I can appreciate technically.

Thanks Skibby for the kind words. Anyways here's another one. Only a rough sketch sort of thing. I plan on working on it more but thought I'd upload to get folks thoughts. Safe!

https://soundcloud.com/thebro/jss-demo

extend that so its much longer, then write lyrics down, and 'sing' the lyrics with a lead instrument except you don't hear the words, just the phrasing of those lyrics that in the end, only you will know what it says. not like a vocoder, more like muzak.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived