IGNORED

The Bro Tunes

Guest The Bro

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did - i liked the groove and think this could be devloped into something alright however as usual with me, i think it all sounds too dry and there's not enough changes etc. personally i would like to see some effects added to give some dynamics and movement and also hear you change up the general theme once or twice.

Guest The Bro

I may be working with a vocalist soon so might test her vocals on this tune. Thanks for listening. :-)

Sweetheart is alright, but I don't like how all the synths and stuff seem to be hiding behind the drums. it's good to finally hear some low end in your stuff though.

What's with all the demos though? It's kinda hard to comment on your stuff when all you ever seem to post is demos. It's not like you don't receive comments so it'd be nice to see the result(s) of all this feedback. Are you saving it all for an album or something?

Probably kind of a useless comment, but it's hard to say anything about all these demos.

Guest The Bro

Well the thing is I appreciate the comments I get and take it all onboard. The reason a lot of my stuff are like 2 minute demos is because I get the initial idea of a tune but don't know how to expand or complete them. It's something I'm working on at improving.

• 2 months later...

Groovy cowbell magick, wish you lube some of those sounds up with reverb, painfully dry :-) , but maybe that is the point, nice work.

Guest skibby

the stabs at the end "could" play just one note or two notes, instead of going up n down. but i make despicable melodies so dont listen to me too much.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Bro

New tune I started working on in an oldskool jungle vibe. Have a listen and I hope you enjoy. :D

New tune I started working on in an oldskool jungle vibe. Have a listen and I hope you enjoy. :D

I am really enjoying this! Comes together nicely when that additional melody starts floating and phasing around. Liking the drum n' bass/jungle vibes and am glad not hear ragga vox.

A common critique of your work seems to be that you should focus more on manipulating the sounds to a more bespoke form unique to yourself and, while I'd generally agree with that critique, the lack of it coupled with your approach to arrangement/aesthetic choices does serve to make your work recognizable in spite of the lack of endless VST tweaks and granular synthesis.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived