man i've been sleeping on a lot of this stuff, proposition 5 is amazing. I don't mean to deduce it to genres but its probably the best fusion ive ever heard of sort of 70s electronic music stuff + modern glitch. really great

Haha Robbie that's pretty much exactly what I'm going for, so it's great to hear!

Got some more pieces to add to this series over the coming weeks. Here's the first:

Really cool stuff here. Digging the glitchy tangerine dream-esque sounds on prop-9, but loving the swells and slow paced build of this new one. Progressing into some nice warm territory...

• 10 months later...

Seemingly this thread has been neglected for quite some time, but I put this track up just now as a kind of Christmas present I guess. It's more than 18 months old. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/finlayshakespeare/proposition-11?in=finlayshakespeare/sets/propositions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Tracked this in one take in the studio today, after wiring up what was missing from our patchbay. Plenty of fun to be had...

Tracked this in one take in the studio today, after wiring up what was missing from our patchbay. Plenty of fun to be had...

Really nice flow. and that backing string there..I like

P1 is gorgeous p5 is the steak dinner p6 is the nintendo beachfront house i've always dreamed of... p6 oh that bass and the stop stop stops, love those tiny bouncy sounds. oh wow p7 love that cry forest monkey sound ahahahha be da do bassline yummy

you should run this stuff though effects. super goodness friend thanks

uh oh 2:11 p7 human voice sounds love it mang. definately house cleaning music

p8 doctor who stuff is great

qeustion... are the pics associated with gear you used for each song soley?

whoa p9 is tomorrows harvest very good reproduction in comparison. i would love to download this one.

yes here wwe go delay on sound in p10. good slapback is it? kinda slow this one.

will lsiten to others later. great stuff

Thanks guys!

qeustion... are the pics associated with gear you used for each song soley?

...ish sometimes kinda. The more recent ones I've definitely tried to add photographs which convey the main gear for that track.

doctor who vibes :music:

I like your compositions, especially Propositions 4 and 10, but I find the sound palette a bit shrill and raspy. Is this intentional?

I like your compositions, especially Propositions 4 and 10, but I find the sound palette a bit shrill and raspy. Is this intentional?

Thanks! I guess kinda yeah, I'm trying to hark back to a lot of that electronic stuff made with "cheap" synths in the late 70s. Think Dignity-of-Labour-era-Human-League.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived