IGNORED

Gargattarax Llany - is it him?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure that's Telepacy, if it was aphex twin it would say so at the top where it says Telepacy. It doesn't even sound remotely like RDJ.

Christ, how many "is it him?" posts/threads are we gonna have - there are other musicians out there capable of matching, and exceeding, what Richard can produce.

Just enjoy the music for what it is - don't obsess over who made it - when who makes it is more important than whether the song is good, you've already lost the plot.

Christ, how many "is it him?" posts/threads are we gonna have - there are other musicians out there capable of matching, and exceeding, what Richard can produce.

Just enjoy the music for what it is - don't obsess over who made it - when who makes it is more important than whether the song is good, you've already lost the plot.

hi Richard

lol

I think the most similar music to gargattarax is actually Trackermatte.

Very similar vocoder/ish fx on some Trackermatte songs and similar drum work etc.

hi Richard

lol

Very similar vocoder/ish fx on some Trackermatte songs and similar drum work etc.

hi Richard

lol

Cool song.. is that released anywhere?

That doesn't sound much like gargattarax except for the synths that start to come in around 5:25. His album Rave Partner and the Splattered Blouse ep have a lot of similarities to gargattarax.

Like joyboss said I don't really care who it's by it's all good.

i think you got it stepheng. dang i just bought the trakkermatte album and it is dope.

http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/album=672090418/size=medium/

Cheers =)

I've listened through Trackermattes' discography recently and also to the gargattarax tracks and they are extremely similar. I'm going to e-mail mr trackermatte and see what he says =).

I also purchases Shadow Festival! What an awesome album.

It's him. The sounds are the give away. Sure they aren't the best songs in the world, but why would they be? And some are really amazing like 'Rubbing the wrong way'... With JIDOMATIX Hand claps in Tengemuoa, and the sound at start of Rouse is same as unknown Aphex Twin metz track... Also, there is no logic to an unknown talent producing only on Youtube, same with Jodey Kendrick... Aphex also has the insentive of needing to distance himself from that name now... I would also say that anything that makes intense use of the Amen break will be Squarepusher's fingerprint...

Well if you were going to be done with the Aphex twin moniker once and for all Gargattarax Llany isn't that bad an alternative. Or just gargattarax by itself has a pretty good mouthfeel. I'd say epic but i don't want to sound like i wear shark tooth neckalces.

Archived