IGNORED

Gargattarax Llany - is it him?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's him. The sounds are the give away. Sure they aren't the best songs in the world, but why would they be? And some are really amazing like 'Rubbing the wrong way'... With JIDOMATIX Hand claps in Tengemuoa, and the sound at start of Rouse is same as unknown Aphex Twin metz track... Also, there is no logic to an unknown talent producing only on Youtube, same with Jodey Kendrick... Aphex also has the insentive of needing to distance himself from that name now... I would also say that anything that makes intense use of the Amen break will be Squarepusher's fingerprint...

anyone else notice the Jidomatix posts stopped just a few months before Gargattarax started? There has been no overlap, making methink they are same person.

It's pretty sure that it isn't him. I've listened to Rubbing the Wrong Way a good bit the past few weeks... and it just doesn't sound like him. I mean, the vocals are just way off. Almost too intrusive to be him. It's a good song though. Awesome bass.

It's him. The sounds are the give away. Sure they aren't the best songs in the world, but why would they be? And some are really amazing like 'Rubbing the wrong way'... With JIDOMATIX Hand claps in Tengemuoa, and the sound at start of Rouse is same as unknown Aphex Twin metz track... Also, there is no logic to an unknown talent producing only on Youtube, same with Jodey Kendrick... Aphex also has the insentive of needing to distance himself from that name now... I would also say that anything that makes intense use of the Amen break will be Squarepusher's fingerprint...

INTKc4e.jpg

Again, I am fairly confident that it is Beatwife, or somebody from this label:

or

https://www.facebook.com/hyperboloidrecords

There was a Beatwife dj set about two years ago with this track in it:

...which is from the gargattarax youtube account. I can't find that original dj set, but it was original available for download on Beatwife's soundcloud. I still have the mp3. The name of the mp3 is "Cornbrail Acid Mix 02.mp3" I can send it to anybody who wants proof.

It seems as if Beatwife relabeled that particular dj set as a different album by that same name – Cornbrail Acid. You can listen to here:

http://hyperboloid.ru/album/cornbrail-acid

If you listen to some of the tracks, it is almost unmistakably similar sounding synth-wise, mix-wise, compression-wise, and rhythm-wise. Also, Beatwife sells Max for Live plug-ins, some of which are rhythm processors that sounds very very much like the kinds of rhythms in all of these sources.

All analysis and guessing aside, who gives a shit. This label is doing REALLY good stuff. I'm kind of jealous actually. :)

Impakt!

you know how, when buying tracks at badcramp from multiple artists, you have to make a new payment for each artist? How come all those beatwife tracks are sold with those impakt tracks in one go....??

anyone else notice the Jidomatix posts stopped just a few months before Gargattarax started? There has been no overlap, making methink they are same person.

Jodey and Heidi have both been quiet outside of Youtube as well. I don't think it's related. Just coincidence.

But yeah, Beatwife.

and a new jidomatix track appears.

hi richard

[youtubehd]DcmpUcENqGk[/youtubehd]

or

...which is from the gargattarax youtube account. I can't find that original dj set, but it was original available for download on Beatwife's soundcloud. I still have the mp3. The name of the mp3 is "Cornbrail Acid Mix 02.mp3" I can send it to anybody who wants proof.

It seems as if Beatwife relabeled that particular dj set as a different album by that same name – Cornbrail Acid. You can listen to here:

If you listen to some of the tracks, it is almost unmistakably similar sounding synth-wise, mix-wise, compression-wise, and rhythm-wise. Also, Beatwife sells Max for Live plug-ins, some of which are rhythm processors that sounds very very much like the kinds of rhythms in all of these sources.

All analysis and guessing aside, who gives a shit. This label is doing REALLY good stuff. I'm kind of jealous actually. :)

I'm on Hyperboloid too, it's just a cool underground russian label. 100% Quality electronic music ;-)

Impakt!

you know how, when buying tracks at badcramp from multiple artists, you have to make a new payment for each artist? How come all those beatwife tracks are sold with those impakt tracks in one go....??

Probably because it's the same label.

Can somebody post a link to any part of any of these tracks that actually sounds anything like afx?

that's what i thought when i went to see him at that brisbane racetrack. ;-p

sorry for trolling the thread (with those (now baleeted) videos), i'm a bad man.

shamecat.jpg

There's a part of me that says that 5 years after The Tuss, there's no way the sound production is still the same. There's nothing new or fresh in that. Just look at his discography, you'll see he basically goes from one style to another each 2-3 years (Abrasive 4/4>>ICBYD>>RDJ Album>>Windowlicker/CtD>>Drukqs>>Analord>>Tuss).

It would be shameful if half a decade after his last release, he would still be doing stuff in the same style.

There's a part of me that says that 5 years after The Tuss, there's no way the sound production is still the same. There's nothing new or fresh in that. Just look at his discography, you'll see he basically goes from one style to another each 2-3 years (Abrasive 4/4>>ICBYD>>RDJ Album>>Windowlicker/CtD>>Drukqs>>Analord>>Tuss).

It would be shameful if half a decade after his last release, he would still be doing stuff in the same style.

Yip. Not to mention 10 times worse productionwise than anything he's ever done. Impersonators gona impersonate

For his beat music. He's been using the same drum kits all these years. The same breakdowns and phrasing, tweeks and tricks. I don't know what you are talking about different style. It's not like we're trying to decipher coded messages in shadows cast by tall trees standing majestic on a distant hill. Perhaps though you don't hear this, you hear the peripheral things like a change in synths/tempo/added flourish or something none-core.

Now whether someone else could be using these same ideas to achieve a similar result, i'm not going to debate. But the idea that his fingerprint is shaved off and renewed every 3-4 years is pretty funny. Maybe for projects and ideas that we've never heard about. Experiments with stuff. But it's logical to assume that as far as his beat'ee schtuff goes, it is business as usual. It sounds good, pleasing to the ear and mind, probably satisfying to make, why would you stop.

/spdleculation moan out

Listen on Soundcloud.com or

I'm on Hyperboloid too, it's just a cool underground russian label. 100% Quality electronic music ;-)

Impakt!

Probably because it's the same label.

Too cool. Way too cool

Annex%20-%20Grant,%20Cary%20(Suspicion)_

Archived