IGNORED

List Films You Wish You Hadn't Watched

Redruth

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost every pishy US romantic comedy ever. One that sticks in my mind is seeing The Proposal in the cinema, it literally felt as though the entire thing was an attempt to personally insult the intelligence of everyone in the audience.

Also, some random video about UFOs we once watched in primary school which stopped me sleeping for about a week. Still have a primal memory of some woman pulling aside her curtains to see a creepy grey alien standing right outside her window, balefully gazing inside.

Those two Cohen films, A Serious Man and Burn After Reading.

burn after reading... maybe....

a serious man is arguably the best coen film

You think so?

I only saw it once so maybe I'll have to revisit it, but I remember just feeling like it was just needlessly sadistic to the viewer.

Fright Night (2011) - Just garbage. I felt bad for every actor involved.

Prometheus - This one really angered me because I could see the potential, but I couldn't get over some of the writing. Oh, your geologist that mapped out the temple and a biologist can't find their way out and they're scared? That's cool, let's cut to them a little later when the biologist is baby talking some alien life form, despite being a total puss 10 minutes before. At least that's how I remember it.

Machete - I wish Rodriguez would get back to using film and make something a little more serious.

Star Wars prequels - I was young enough to not completely hate the first two, but after going back and watching them I realized they're dogshit.

Predators

Savages - I almost forgot about this one until I read doublename's post. I don't know how I sat through the whole fuckin' thing. I think Oliver Stone needs to stop at this point. He hasn't done a decent movie since Any Given Sunday.

Lincoln

i turned this off about 5 minutes in.

also:

the great gatsby with leo di caprio

stoker (by that korean guy that made oldboy)

evil dead (remake)

the mission impossible movies with tom cruise

anything with tom cruise

the flinstones movie

Guest zaphod

good call on burn after reading.

a serious man has grown into my favorite coen film after no country and miller's crossing. probably their best comedy.

Those two Cohen films, A Serious Man and Burn After Reading.

burn after reading... maybe....

a serious man is arguably the best coen film

You think so?

I only saw it once so maybe I'll have to revisit it, but I remember just feeling like it was just needlessly sadistic to the viewer.

Huge Coen bros fan.

But I really don't like A Serious Man either.

Archived