IGNORED

WANDA GROUP - Outer Alsatian

Guest Zelmo Swift

Guest Zelmo Swift

Just wondering if anyone else is into this guy's output. I think he made more of a splash as DEM HUNGER a few years ago, but the way his work is evolving I find fascinating.

"PISS FELL OUT LIKE SUNLIGHT" got a bit of press when it came out on vinyl. Probably a good introduction to what he's doing as of late.

THE HERS is like the softer ambient side-project of his, "TOUGH CUNT" and "WE AS WARM AS A GNAT" being the two major releases under that name. WANDA GROUP, on the other hand is much more textural and lately he's been using a lot of field recordings.

Interesting guy to follow on Twitter too.

This guy is formely known as Dem Hunger, correct?

I did not care for his WANDA GROUP output. Caveman Smack is a masterpiece and I am sad that I never got a proper followup.

Guest Zelmo Swift

This guy is formely known as Dem Hunger, correct?

I did not care for his WANDA GROUP output. Caveman Smack is a masterpiece and I am sad that I never got a proper followup.

Yep, same guy. He did another full-length as DEM HUNGER called HEAVY SPINACH, probably self-released. It's out there, or I can link you to a DL of it.

The earlier WANDA GROUP releases like CLEANERS and GET INVOLVED IN MY THROAT were a bit more rhythmic and almost "beat" oriented than what he does now.

For some reason I take a lot of comfort in the stretched-out textural pieces he does now. It's like soul music for the computer age...or something.

I kind of liked CLEANERS.

I like Heavy Spinach a lot. Caveman Smack just has that perfect blend of awkward sloppy hip hop, drone and plunderphonic bullshitting which can be brilliant if done correctly.

I bet he'll do another Dem Hunger release. Someday. The guy is insanely prolific. I find it strange though, following him online... I can't tell if he's legitimately out of his mind or just fucking with everybody. Maybe a combo of both.

Lmao, one time a few years ago when he was just Dem Hunger, I asked him on Twitter, "any new music"?

He replied with some off the wall random shit lol

Guest Zelmo Swift

Lmao, one time a few years ago when he was just Dem Hunger, I asked him on Twitter, "any new music"?

He replied with some off the wall random shit lol

I bet he'll do another Dem Hunger release. Someday. The guy is insanely prolific. I find it strange though, following him online... I can't tell if he's legitimately out of his mind or just fucking with everybody. Maybe a combo of both.

I think he's just a really thoughtful poetic guy who spends a lot of time alone.

He uses twitter in an unusual way, almost like a performance.

He tells stories from his life, but then he'll throw in these surreal bits of fiction and stuff.

He's a provocateur. He's playing with the medium.

I don't think he's trying to fuck with anybody. A lot of the time he's really funny.

But you'll have to take my opinion with a grain of salt since I'm kind of obsessed with him.

Archived