IGNORED

Codex Serafinianus - Weirdest Damn Book EVER

Joyrex

They're publishing a new edition sometime soon, so if you're into physical books, you should have a chance to get it relatively cheap.

got linkage for this?/this strange book has always fascinated :P

yeh i dont think it compares to the voynich manuscipt myself, since anyone can have just about anything published since the 1900s and modern art naturally results in this kind of thing springing up. it may have even been based on the voynich manuscript in concept. voynich manuscript just seems lots more mysterious, so i'd rather waste my time looking at it, and i think you can download it in its entirety here.

you're wasting your time with such a childish tome. you should get the red book by Carl Jung instead, now that's intense.

jung-red-book-twk1.jpg

Jung always delivers the goods.... wouldn't exactly say the Serafinianus is childish though... e.g.

(slightly nsfw?) quite an insightful little bit of art I think ;)

I love this book, spent loads time clicking through it in my college years.

It's funny how people rank so much abstract art in an obscurity contest. Voynich is more mysterious, but IMO this one is generally more fun to look at.

it would be better if you could read his made up language/writing

The number system was cracked (it is a base-21 system), but the language hasn't, and people keep trying despite the author insisting on there not being a code to it. The reason he did it in a made up language was he wanted the reader to experience what children experience when they look at books before they can read, and despite not knowing what the symbols mean, they know it has meaning based on the fact their parents understand it.

Archived