IGNORED

Envmod

BCM

tough love mate :beer:

what do you mean harmonically speaking? what does "harmonically" mean to you?

that track reminds me of the mario64 bowser song.

i mean the chords being played, the chord progressions etc. they're pretty boring imo, as in not original, not elaborated. aka poor harmony. imo. mo.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really diggin Trash Run and as last time, ATMfunk! Really cool stuff. How did you make the vocoder so clear on ATMfunk? I don't hear any vocoder weirdness or anything. IS it even a vocoder?

• 2 weeks later...

did this on my korg volcas earlier whilst pissed. sorry about the shit mixing.

https://soundcloud.com/b-c-m/trewatacid45dcnt

I really like how the acid-line intro starts my brain on a specific downbeat and then the drums come in and the downbeat is in a completely weird place for the drums and it sounds really wonky! I love that effect and am not quite sure what to call it: Brothomstates does it well.

cheers dudes! I think the downbeat drum placement thing is just what I'd call the groove of the track...the whole rhythmic feel, and funkiness of it...nothing specific I've done I don't think, just where the beats/groove naturally placed themselves in my head and therefore ended up on the track...

I can understand how someone wouldn't like the detuned synth but I think it adds some good/quirky tension in the track. Like your brain is sort of trying to put it in tune but your ears are telling your otherwise