IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

Guest bitroast

Miggt take a while:)

I am going to try and forget about this release until I get further emails. I hope this thread doesn't get bumped over and over with "any updates?" posts.

Guest bitroast

^ youtube video was published 15 jan.

"The Colundi Sequence

51 Resonance Experiments & Sonic Spells

2 DVD + 2 CD = £20 + p&p

66 copies left for order until release

www.ovuca.com"

Hopefully 66 copies left means it will be available shortly !!

It fits with the playful beat (imo), nice little track. Never thought a track like that would end up on MU4, considering the 'seriousness' of the previous editions. Nice to hear a sign of life with the project anyway.

I just realised again this is a f'in monster release, 4 albums + LP at once is madness. I can wait for it a little longer with that in mind...

last 3 tracks on MU3 are really good.

but second disc of MU1 - (so I guess MU2) is a really cohesive work of music. Up there with Astrobotnia 3 and Wasted Sunday in his output.

Edited by dr lopez

bmp

anybody here has tried the tuning system used in mental union? maybe share tracks?

anybody else mad curious about the colundi sequence frequencies?

grant really sold me on this one

And again a very lush new track from the Colundi Sequence was just uploaded.

bmp

anybody here has tried the tuning system used in mental union? maybe share tracks?

anybody else mad curious about the colundi sequence frequencies?

grant really sold me on this one

Only thing I know is that he had a tuning like the 'Well Tuned Piano' by La Monte Young in a track/some tracks on MU2 or 3. So.

Edited by Herr Jan

i think the numbers on the back of the CD correspond to how many overtones of equal temperament were used.

if you go to ovuca.com there is a lot more info listed under the experiments tab

this is in response to rekosn

yeah i dont know to what extent the ones in the page are related to the ones in the cd, since I dont have it ;)

aint much for studying scales tbh, but this really made me look

cd 2 of mu2 is indeed underrated

I love how Grant 'promotes' this release (sort of) by commenting to random persons talking about scales and music theory, then deletes 90% of his comment (original message above the changed one):

• Grant Wilson-Claridge ditch the whole chromatic scale. explore the colundi sequence, where each note is based on several specific biological/physical/chemical/mental/emotional resonances. e.g. 90-111Hz - Beta Endorphin range. 126.22Hz - 32nd octave of Earth year, The Frequency Of The Sun, Color=Green, Tempo=118.3 BPM, centering of magic, Hara(chakra). there are 128 specific frequencies in the scale.
    ongeveer een uur geleden
  • 70851_709180069_4159591_q.jpg
    Grant Wilson-Claridge i.e. ditch the whole chromatic scale!
    57 minuten geleden
Edited by Herr Jan

I love how Grant 'promotes' this release (sort of) by commenting to random persons talking about scales and music theory, then deletes 90% of his comment (original message above the changed one):

• Grant Wilson-Claridge ditch the whole chromatic scale. explore the colundi sequence, where each note is based on several specific biological/physical/chemical/mental/emotional resonances. e.g. 90-111Hz - Beta Endorphin range. 126.22Hz - 32nd octave of Earth year, The Frequency Of The Sun, Color=Green, Tempo=118.3 BPM, centering of magic, Hara(chakra). there are 128 specific frequencies in the scale.
    ongeveer een uur geleden
    57 minuten geleden

heheh very interesting, and you got it on time, thanks

grant is a bit picky with fb comments eh?

you said "to random persons", means hes commented more on TCS?

Edited by rekosn

ongeveer een uur geleden
    57 minuten geleden

heheh very interesting, and you got it on time, thanks

grant is a bit picky with fb comments eh?

you said "to random persons", means hes commented more on TCS?

Yeah well there is this article doing the round (I think it's this one http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/12/21/heres-why-you-should-convert-your-music-to-432hz/ ).

I only see that article on FB because Grant is posting some jibberish about Colundi underneath the article on some random persons page.

I'm still curious what happened to the conv when a guy (watmm someone?) asked Grant publicly on fb to give the (probably drunk) guy a track for free. It's been deleted now ofcourse.

Just popping by to say how ridiculously dark "The Field" from MU2 is, and how both MU2 and MU3 end on a really dark/weird ambient note. I never really noticed that until now for some reason. Hope the next 4 releases contain more experiments like this though.