IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

Colundi 16 Cover jpg

hahaha, i first thought you made the cover yourself in paint.

anyway, good news indeed, second track just started streaming and for half a second i was like "why is now playing Boards of Canada - Korona"

whatever

Srsly fanboyz gonna fanboy but how do you guys have the money and hdd space for all of this?

I dig aleksi and all this colundi stuff so far but haven't bother trying to keep pace, probably only heard maybe 1/4-1/3 of them so far. I'm surely missing out on loads of lush but its truly a gargantuan body of work to reckon with.

So are you a colundi completist? Do you have a particular favorite and/or a least favorite level? How do you decide which colundi to throw on? (for me it's pretty much pick one on a whim). Does all this colundi ever get in the way of listening to, you know, other artists and other music?

My only real hardcore allegiance is to Ae so the live sets haven't been too overwhelming (since they're all basically variations on the same stems) but I can't begin to imagine also trying to take in all this Cloundi Plus the Mike/Rich soundclown dumps on top of it; all these guys also have some pretty extensive (and good) back catalogues too which are worth re-visiting from time to time. I know IDM can be extreme but yeah idk tbh ttfn

Whoa, Nr. 16 makes me wanna sing "UPSI DASI UPSI DAISY" all the time and i dont know why (of course i do).

Very good level indeed.

The question is, How long until final level with master boss fight?

He must do the music when he's sober, and the covers when he's drunk.

hahaha, for real. I image Aleksi absolutely wasted at his sisters crappy Win laptop thinking "uhhh, nicey dicey, i'm almost van gogh...why is the absynth bottle already empty?"

Edited by Test Fforet

Havent listened to any past 13 yet, but 7 and 12 have been my favorite so far. Im lucky enough to be able to throw on headphones at my work for 3-4 hours of the day, which has been a godsend for digesting these and the soundclouds.

16 - UK74R1618160 is so lovely.

But my all time favourite is and I think will be forever last track of Colundi 11 8, which

sounds like gravitational waves if we had multi-dimensional ears,

sounds like the stars, you and me

sounds like one of Jesse Somfay's track titles "my youth ended with broken bottles"

sounds like everything is ok now

also nice video (i know you all know and have it watched/heard many times, but anyway, i dont care;)

love y'all

kind regards

fforet

edit: it's sometimes confusing to remember which UK...blabla.. track on which Colundi Sequence. it helps alot when it is written bold over a youtube video, hahaha

Edited by Test Fforet

Has there been any information on what the tracknames mean?

the titles are the corresponding ISRC codes of the tracks

UK74R1611010

UK: country / 74R: owner / 16: year / 11010: serial number

so you could fairly say all the tracks are untitled

I thought 5 was great (as it was the first released) and 1 was really good. 4 is also great. I liked 7, 10, 12. The tape (6) was was not great, 2 is not that memorable and 8,11 and 13 don't register at all with me. Oh yeah 3 was good but short.

But that said these are all exceptional electronic

Music

Soooo excited I have an extra long volume to dig into. I was thinking about new colundi for weeks until this popped up, so glad I can hear it and let it sink in! But really sad there are only 5 more to go. :( I hope Aleksi reconsiders the amount he's going to do. I can't believe that somebody has created this much good music in this short a time, it's breathtaking really....