IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

How to say this without coming across as a criticism or insult to the main man Aleksi...

It is an amazing sequence, but I won't be sad when the last one arrives. The pallette used is growing a little familiar to my ears and i'd like to hear something a bit different from him.

How to say this without coming across as a criticism or insult to the main man Aleksi...

It is an amazing sequence, but I won't be sad when the last one arrives. The pallette used is growing a little familiar to my ears and i'd like to hear something a bit different from him.

Yeah, some great songs have come out of this but it is feeling a bit samey.

Lovely series. Would be interested to see people coming up with their compilations of the best tracks. I really didn't have the time to take it all in properly, and there are so bloody many tracks....

Lovely series. Would be interested to see people coming up with their compilations of the best tracks. I really didn't have the time to take it all in properly, and there are so bloody many tracks....

That's a very good idea indeed Sir.

Sth. like a "User18081971 SoundCloud Voting" (dunno how difficult/easy it is to create a site like this as I dont have clue how to make websites)

As the Colundi series counts now roundabout 240 tracks (including compilations and stuff) it would maybe make sense for other people to get into Aleksi.

You all now the feeling when discovering a new artist with massive output and before muckraking through hundreds of tracks to pick your favs you end up skipping this and just listening to other stuff (at least I had this feeling sometimes, I remember Maschinefabriek was like that for me)

dunno, just my worthless 7 cents

Edited by Test Fforet

Yes, I would love a best of. I haven't listened to any since Mental Union 3 - completely overwhelmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a second listen to 16 last week and it HIT me, still top notch and really consistent. There's still more than enough great vibes and melodies and colundi moments going on.

Really hard to say which are my faves, I'd rather pick a few tracks from every level. All the albums have something unique and different from the other (the first are very minimal and fundamental, 14 is very fast and dancefloor approved, 10/11 are more loose, etc.), and within those boundaries there's a couple of tracks that really appeal to me and some that just extent on that vibe which is great.

I think the trick to this series is that there's a new album dropping before you even start to get tired of the previous one :)

The Colundi series and the aphex soundcloud dump have pretty much made 2015 for me. These releases are magical...if you put the time in, you will be vastly rewarded. It is by far the best stuff Aleksi has done. Once he's finished with the series, I will definitely compile my own personal "best of" compilations for anybody that is too intimidated by the sheer vastness of it all. I'm also thinking of coming out of DJ retirement (haha) and to create a nice long mix of my favorite tracks. All of the volumes have something special and unique about them, it will be very easy to create a collection of great tracks that represent the best (for me) of the series.

• 3 weeks later...