IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

yep!beautiful object!
the "moiré"on the transparent LP are beautiful!!
so glad to have those tracks on that mervellous object!!

Edited by pete roll

it's so good it fucked up your other records?

pwn

i didn't understand what was happening, so i contacted my local colundi representative. 'marty' then told me to take a closer look at the side c/d record that came in the white sleeve. i was reassured that the equatorial menstruation was new, cutting edge, bio-audible colundi technologies that would release a toxic musk into the air... destroying all clear records within a 23m diameter.

bhAKbw9.jpg

edit: any1 else get a bleeder?

Edited by Kilgore Trout

Damn, shame Kilgore. Mine's fine luckily!

Colundi every1 is up on sound cloud

Link for posterity, this release still is top notch :)

https://soundcloud.com/colundi/sets/colundi-every1-vinyl

Yep great stuff. Good thing I'm not a completist otherwise Colundi would have bankrupted me this past year. I kept on top of it up until Level 7 but then started to lose track when Aleksi started doing those gig only releases and super-limited runs. I wonder how he manages to be quite so productive- surely there has to be some generative element in the production that lets him churn it out at such a pace and quality.

Good to see the Colundi virus spreading out to other artists as well. I love the microtonal melodies & filter sweeps (but not so much the pseudo-spiritual stoner spiel theyre using to sell it).

Interesting track selection as well. Levels 10 and 14 get three trax each, but nothing at all from Levels 3,5,9,12 or 16! (I can understand 3 is already available on vinyl, and 9 is exclusive to Colundi backers only). Very cohesive though, and it's clear to see Serge has gone for the more technoey sounding trax. Wonder if there will be a Vol.2 at some point? Maybe after all the Levels have been completed.

Also according to the Penryn Space Agency site that Kryzysztof Oktalski track is called 'Foundered'. There are a few track titles up for the Jodey Kendrick EDM F/A-18+ Stimulator album as well if anyones interested.

Yeah at this point I'd suggest to people that it's worthwhile to make a Facebook account just to follow GWC, the Colundi group and Jodey Kendrick if you don't want to miss out on things. Otherwise, the exclusivity is getting pretty ridiculous...

You and so many other people!

Really though, if you make it like an RSS for things you want to keep up with, it's not so bad.

Edited by Mellow U

Yeah at this point I'd suggest to people that it's worthwhile to make a Facebook account just to follow GWC, the Colundi group and Jodey Kendrick if you don't want to miss out on things. Otherwise, the exclusivity is getting pretty ridiculous...

Carrying on the fine Rephlex traditions...

Carrying on the fine Rephlex traditions...

Support the artists you love by purchasing a new, original, authentic copy" (if you can figure out how to)

Ah I'm only sore cause I missed out on hearing 'Contact'. 'Connection' is probably my favorite thing Aleksi has ever put out so I'm really up for hearing more of this ilk. I'd always wanted a fully beatless ambient Aleksi album, and I was happy with the long stretches of ambient on vols 5,6 and 12, but Connection is much more to my taste - the textures and timbres are much more warmer and inviting. Maybe it will go on on bandcamp at some point.

Did a massive Colundi-thon this past weekend, listened to the full series again in order (18 hours and counting)

there's something very ephemeral about it which reminds me of the first time I heard the likes of Derrick May et al. The music is fascinating, rich and beautiful but the second it stops playing I'd be hard pressed to tell you anything about it, nevermind whistle a melody or hook.

on the surface it is simply techno made with sine waves and 909-style percussion, but there is an almost monastic devotion (sheer volume of releases, lack of obvious fx,no track titles) about the music which almost defies discussion and analysis.

the ones which veer from the core sound (10's neo-classical pretentions, 11's dubby plasticity, 13's tribal drumming or the busy IDM of 14-16) got the most attention on here but thats not to say the likes of 2, 8, or 4 are weak, its just that there isn't much to get your teeth into as a listener. It's like ghost music (and I mean that in the very best way)

its no surprise that my pattern-seeking human brain still wants me to go back over and try and get my head around them all again

I like that about this music...I have fav tracks, but I more often than not stick on a whole level and enjoy from start to finish. maybe we are not supposed to get our head around it? maybe colundi is meant to wash over us, subtly rearranging our molecular structure until we are more in tune with ourselves and those around us? I got the clone vol 1 vinyl but haven't listened to it yet. It'll be interesting to listen to this collection of tracks from all these different levels and see if my experience of the music differs compared to listening to a single level at a time.

Bit miffed, i bought a ticket but couldn't attend and saw sd cards had been auctioned off - but part of me feels i paid for mine already and i appear to have missed out. I do wish they would just throw them on bandcamp - those that attend still get the 'rare' physical artifact and those that didn't still get to hear the music.