IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

5th one is nice.... according to his website everything is accounted for but the 4th level?

I think the fourth Colundi Sequence will still be released then :)

The thing I wonder now, is this a Rephlex release or not? It's the first selfreleased one, so no more SRD. It also has no barcode, unless it is the small code in the center of the 2 DVD discs: 2239 514 -R E E 1011 (Level 1) and 2239 514 -R E B 3683 (Level 2). So that means it it's CAT#239. But where are 236-238? And why do Bochum Welt and D'Arcangelo both have #235?

Still lots of blank spots that need to be filled on the cat# list (223, 224 and 227-233, and now 236-238 apparently).

I think we're expecting a new bogdan raczynski album sometime this year aren't we?. I wonder if that's one of the missing ones?

5th one is nice.... according to his website everything is accounted for but the 4th level?

I think the fourth Colundi Sequence will still be released then :)

The thing I wonder now, is this a Rephlex release or not? It's the first selfreleased one, so no more SRD. It also has no barcode, unless it is the small code in the center of the 2 DVD discs: 2239 514 -R E E 1011 (Level 1) and 2239 514 -R E B 3683 (Level 2). So that means it it's CAT#239. But where are 236-238? And why do Bochum Welt and D'Arcangelo both have #235?

Still lots of blank spots that need to be filled on the cat# list (223, 224 and 227-233, and now 236-238 apparently).

I think we're expecting a new bogdan raczynski album sometime this year aren't we?. I wonder if that's one of the missing ones?

I still think that was just a joke... but I hope so :happy: There's probably more EDM comps on the way that could be 227-233 (as the first two were 225 and 226, would make some sense), and we have Colundi Sequence part 3 on vinyl, which will maybe also get another CAT#, but I doubt it. Also another Steinvord release that Grant once hinted at, maybe. The rest is a mystery!

Anyway, now listening to MU4, this is fucking great!!!

Edited by Herr Jan

i don't really understand the 'scale' concept and I don't really hear it either (it sounds like chromatic 12 tone scale to me) but I think the material on Sequence Level 5 is some of the best stuff Aleksi has ever done. Is the other stuff in the DVD set similar? I kind of regret not ordering one because I assumed it would be on the same tip as Astrobotnia

i don't really understand the 'scale' concept and I don't really hear it either (it sounds like chromatic 12 tone scale to me) but I think the material on Sequence Level 5 is some of the best stuff Aleksi has ever done. Is the other stuff in the DVD set similar? I kind of regret not ordering one because I assumed it would be on the same tip as Astrobotnia

The 2 DVD's are very similar to Level 5, yeah. The Ovuca bonus CD sounds more like MU2 and MU3, while MU4 is the most playful album, with some acid stuff and computer voices, a bit like MU1 and the Boom Blaster Blaster period. No Astrobotnia style at all in these releases.

P.s., does someone have that article from The Wire about this already? Please?

can one still order the dvds? Good on the Wire for writing up something that is self released on the on the periphery of IDM like this. It's kind of rare of them to do that these days

what's wrong with astrobotnia???

These are such good times, already another release! I only had a chance to hear Ovuca Bonus CD yesterday, what a trip. Spacing out to Level 5 on headphones right now, this comes close to Biosphere's Autour De La Lune in terms of deeeep ultra low frequencies ambient stuff. Also a bit like Plastikman ala Consumed amirite?

This was so worth the wait already...

@spratters: hope you get it asap, I'm also desperately waiting for a package from Ceephax, but I'm afraid Royal Mail lost it, again :(

i came in here to post that level 5 sounds like a mix of autour de la lune and consumed haha #greatminds

what's wrong with astrobotnia???

nothing at all, but for me this whole idea of doing a conceptual sort of minimalist space ambient album is something very attractive to own on a physical format. Already listened to level 5 and it is easily one of the best minimal electronic albums I've ever heard, the next AE/H30 collaborations if they happen could learn a lot from something this fucking elegant and effective. Most of the 'minimalist' or lofi ambient stuff popular these days is like the polar opposite of this, soaked in lofi dithering effects, bandpassed to fucking hell. This is like full audio spectrum extremely expertly crafted minimalism, completely non reliant on an effects bed to hide what you're hearing and restraint that I very rarely see in 'electronic music'. Maybe not since Dopplereffekt's Calabi Yau Space. The world needs more music this awesome is all im saying. Arguably 0 and some of the Raster Noton stuff has a similar vibe but I can't remember the last time a Mika Vanio album did anything like this for me

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Oh good lord I hope this is in my mailbox today. The suspense is killing me and listening to level 5 ain't exactly helping.

ordered mine a few days ago, i guess this means its approved and on the way?

http://i.imgur.com/e6gmfCT.png

anyone else get some weird thing like this?

Yeah I've now got a second strange email from the sales@aprmusic address, links to some site that wants my Facebook password. That's not gonna happen. Anyone else getting these?

ordered mine a few days ago, i guess this means its approved and on the way?

http://i.imgur.com/e6gmfCT.png

anyone else get some weird thing like this?

Yeah I've now got a second strange email from the sales@aprmusic address, links to some site that wants my Facebook password. That's not gonna happen. Anyone else getting these?

Didn't get that at all. You'd better let AP know, he might want to do something about it.