IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

New?

Is this just another comp like the other two on Clone? I could try and cross-reference the titles but am feeling a bit lazy…

Ah, okay, it is a mix of tracks from other Levels.

and a really poor selection imo. apart from kinetic theory

SD the best of the bunch.

ghrhrrghhghghghghhhrrgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

what happened with the colundi island bullshit in the end?

They never managed to raise enough money so it been cancelled for now..

I really like the whole Colundi story and most of the music he put's out, but I went to see him play live a few weeks ago, and from watching him it didn't seem very live at all so I had a little sneak around the back to see what he was actually doing.. It was just a laptop with his DAW playing a 90 min pre-arranged "set". It was by no means bad in any way, and in fact it was a lot of fun all the way though, but I kind of wish I hadn't sneaked a peak as it took away some of the joy of seeing him play "live".

Yes probably better just to stay in Oz and let the Wizard do his thing behind the curtain

I just add them to my wishlist and hopefully get around to picking them all up someday - have a hefty collection of digitals from this, and always appreciate more more more.

Someday, hopefully a very long time from now, Aleksi will drop off the face of the planet, and we'll all be thankful he left us with as massive of a body of work as he did.

On 4/24/2019 at 11:58 PM, hayhook said:

Do you think we’ll see digitals of the postcard track and the sd card?

Still waitin...

Aleksi's soundcloud has a ton of Colundi Mixes and Live Recordings.  Some Good Stuff there:

These Two specifically specifically caught my eye because they SEEM to be chockfull of unreleased tracks. (or are they mislabled?)  I haven't been able to cross reference the various Untitled tracks... can anyone with more Colundi Consciousness confirm how much exclusive content is on these? (bonus: both are downloadable)

Edited by hayhook

• 1 month later...

have to say the new aleksi is probably the worst ive heard in the colundi saga. that said, it's still alright!

I would *highly* recommend people go through the celestial series again. sunlight 1-3, starlight 1-3 and then moonshine. sun and starlight 3 being me two favs. they are so good.

2 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

I would *highly* recommend people go through the celestial series again. sunlight 1-3, starlight 1-3 and then moonshine. sun and starlight 3 being me two favs. they are so good.

I think those are the best/my favorite of the bunch. Nice balance of beatwork and melodies/ambience. Too much of either without the other gets a bit boring for me.

first track on sunshine 3 is one of the best colundis out there. when i play the vinyl on the hifi the bass is just mental. lovely stuff - not my words michael, the words of shakin' stevens

• 4 months later...
On 2/26/2019 at 9:40 AM, 4d0lf said:

it's slow because 40 people did not pay up what they bid

quite strange: got an e-mail months ago that it should be dispatched and though several requests/complaints no reaction at all (nothing arrived until today) ?

Edited by beero

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

new aleksi is new aleksi. Sounds good to me although none of it jumped out to me as better than paradox

comparable or as good though? I'm going to listen tonight when I get home. 

• Like 1