IGNORED

Famous pot smokers of the past

Rubin Farr

The thing about these lists is that, personally, I'd only include those who didn't skirt around their usage - the fact that Obama, Palin, and Clinton all never flat out said "yes, I have smoked pot" but always had some excuse annoys me. The only politicians I can think of who have been frank about smoking pot I can think of are Gary Johnson and Ralph Nader.

Carl Sagan was quite the advocate for marijuana. Even though it's been something of a pop culture joke, Bob Marley was very specific about smoking marijuana as a spiritual rite. Willy Nelson has been outspoken about his use of pot despite his fanbase and still has many fans who would consider themselves conservative. Randomly, Rick Steves, the PBS travel guru has mentioned smoking marijuana across Europe. Those are the figures I think of immediately, because marijuana usage is a major aspect of their personal lives but doesn't define them either. We could use far more influential and powerful people who are upfront and honest about it.

Me (after 6 years of high-atus I started back up two weeks ago)

hey me too! after years of rarely if ever doing dope, now sometimes i do do dope!

who gives a fuck about famous assholes?! we do weed, and that's what matters!

it's good you guys got rid of that nagging bitch

huh?

Me (after 6 years of high-atus I started back up two weeks ago)

hey me too! after years of rarely if ever doing dope, now sometimes i do do dope!

who gives a fuck about famous assholes?! we do weed, and that's what matters!

it's good you guys got rid of that nagging bitch

huh?

moved away from your mom

Jeezy Christ anointed his whole crew with mad cannabis oil, turned H2O to cognac, and created fish n' chips outta thin air for the po' folks. He had supernatural powers and street cred you couldn't buy, but he got got.

Most people don't know that Carey Grant was a big proponent of LSD.

Edit: Carl Sagan, David Foster Wallace.

DFW was very active in Alcoholics Anonymous for over a decade, because of his self-perceived addiction to weed. I can't answer whether it's "really" addictive, but Wallace certainly believed it was, for him at least. I'm pretty sure the chapter near the beginning of Infinite Jest, about the man awaiting the call from his pot dealer, was close to Wallace's own experiences.

I'm not saying he doesn't belong in this thread, because he's clearly a famous smoker, but I wouldn't call him an advocate (not that you had).

Archived