IGNORED

Glasser - Interiors

Guest Rulohead32

Guest Rulohead32

Glasser has released a new album this October 8.

glasser.jpg

It's called "Interiors", and for those who don't know who is her (like me until yesterday), she's like a mixture of Björk, Oneohtrix Point Never, iamamiwhoami and µ-Ziq's last album.

Here's her website http://glassermusic.com/ and you can hear the whole album here:

http://hypem.com/premiere/glasser

Enjoy.

Guest Rulohead32

Very much diggin this atm. I'd say she's more like a mixture of bjork, imogen heap and cocorosie.

Yeah I thought about Imogen Heap too, but as I've barely heard her, I didn't want to be wrong.

What I find interesting is the minimalism with which some songs acquire a high-quality level, without being saturating at all. She manages nice ambients and melodies, that seem actually so simple but they're hard to make well.

The only thing I would criticise, it's highly subjective for me. I don't like that in some parts of the songs it lacks some motion, like if the tracks were divided in two or three parts. There's no climaxes in almost every song (except Keam Theme, for example, or Divide) and that makes it a bit unresolutive.

• 3 months later...

I'm disappointed as I thought I'd like this, but her music doesn't do it for me. I really love Bjork, Fever Ray, Blue Hawaii, Purity Ring and all of that kind of stuff but this one just doesn't hit the spot at all.

Is it true that it's produced by someone who worked on the Fever Ray album too? To me, she just seems to be missing that quirkiness that all of the aforementioned acts have.

Archived