IGNORED

FACT Magazine Top 50 Aphex Twin tracks of all time

joshuatxuk

List here, included all RDJ aliases, not just Aphex Twin tracks. Some unreleased live track inclusions would of been cool, but overall I like this list simply because it reminds me of the diversity of his discography.

Discuss.

(or not)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I despise 'the best of all time' lists as sheer puke. I'm just happy to read about Aphex Twin on another website than this. Okay this top 50 is way off my top 50, AB1 I'd have top 3, but apart from that... I couldn't care less on this journo's opinion. But I'm glad none the less just to see his name and some words on him.

Polynomial C?

Where the hell is Rhubarb?

Yeah! - note my thread sub-title.

"Fingerbib" would of been nice too. I mean, that's not there but "Clayhill Dub" is?

"He made dub techno before Basic Channel"

What?

Yeah that one was a bit dubious - c'mon FACT that's some Rolling Stone level nonsense.

Part of the problem with general hype of Aphex Twin is that many casual fans forget that RDJ himself was very much influenced by techno and house innovators before he began his progressive input into those genres. Many of those aliases are indicative of that, especially his work as Bradley Beat and Universal Indicator, which are in context of similar records from that era are pretty average (though interesting). Let's not forget Tom Middleton and Mike Dred help him get released early on. Even the legends have to start somewhere, and that's hard for most to swallow since RDJ's rep is stepped in mythology.

Polynomial C?

Where the hell is Rhubarb?

Yeah! - note my thread sub-title.

Good point! Lemme just say that I support your thread AND its subtitle..

What's with the would of, btw? That's a bit off, right?

What's with the would of, btw? That's a bit off, right?

I have a terrible habit of writing extraneous words and phrases!

Also, I'm terrible at learning languages, especially speaking them. I can't imagine trying to read my posts not knowing English as a first language. It's embarrassing.

1336647030371.gif

Edit: y u no "fingerbib" ? y u b "clayhill dub" ?

I'm always rather pleased not too see my favorite tracks in 'top of the pops' list.

No To Cure a Weakling Child (Contour Regard)? Shweet. No Ziggomatic 17? Result. No Stepping Filter 101? Thank Satan.

FACTMag always have a few scoops on BOC and Aphex. If I remember correctly didin't they do the same sort of thing a few months before Warp announced the new BOC album?

i don't give a shit about the tracklis but what i'm interested in is that just before warp announced the autechre and boards of canada albums they made a little hype post on factmagazine

concidence?? or maybe a new aphex twin fapalum comming soon :w00t: !!!
yesss

What?

so did Zoviet France on Mohnomishe..... whaaaat?

i thought fact mag had turned into a celeb musician gossip tabloid. Granted I'm not paying full attention, but nice to see them not being that

i don't give a shit about the tracklis but what i'm interested in is that just before warp announced the autechre and boards of canada albums they made a little hype post on factmagazine

concidence?? or maybe a new aphex twin fapalum comming soon :w00t: !!!

yesss

Exactly what I thought Ivan. It could be nothing, don't count your Aphexian chickens before they hatch!

Even though I despise 'the best of all time' lists as sheer puke. I'm just happy to read about Aphex Twin on another website than this. Okay this top 50 is way off my top 50, AB1 I'd have top 3, but apart from that... I couldn't care less on this journo's opinion. But I'm glad none the less just to see his name and some words on him.

it is a pretty random list but I guess it'd be nice if someone hadn't heard his more obscure stuff? Like people who only know come to daddy and avril 14th

I agree, it was something a bit different than just the typical top 10 lists and a good intro to those who are Aphex Twin noobs: speaking of...top ten list made by one (sad to not see pikachu motherfucker or ghost in the shell)

What?

so did Zoviet France on Mohnomishe..... whaaaat?

i thought fact mag had turned into a celeb musician gossip tabloid. Granted I'm not paying full attention, but nice to see them not being that

FACT still does in their "news" content, but unlike Pitchfork they still balance it out with focused, non-payola reviews and still have decent interviews, features, lists, etc.

RA and XLR8R lack that gossip crap for the most part but they can also be a bit spammy, especially the latter, with their choice of hyped tracks and musicians.

Archived