IGNORED

Repetitive/psychedelic/minimal metal?

modey

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking fast, repetitive riffs, static/non-changing drumming (even drum machinesGodflesh comes to mind), maybe some psychedelic ambience or effects, and minimal vocals.

i understand if you don't want to be associated with ministry, but this sounds like ministry

[youtubehd]jmdClFN24T0[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]QloZREyA8Xk[/youtubehd]

Huh. I'm a Ministry fan and I didn't even think of them! I'm going for a very different mood but yeah they're pretty close soundwise.

i was looking for something to suggest, i mean, i have a sense i already listened to some bands which have a sound like you described, and i stumbled upon this, what a lol, isn't this a trolling song???

[youtubehd]nBgQPSUTWVM[/youtubehd]

almost sure you're already familiar with this, but this album is metal, and extremely repetitive, psychedelic??? yes! minimal, i do believe so...

[youtubehd]L5FxKow-LJM[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]AgwJEvasJlM[/youtubehd]

Haha, that was awesome.

And yeah, I love that Thordendal album. Especially that one track that is essentially just a really evil version of an Allan Holdsworth piece, zole.

Haha, that was awesome.

And yeah, I love that Thordendal album. Especially that one track that is essentially just a really evil version of an Allan Holdsworth piece, zole.

dude your gotta check that drummer's band, mats/morgan band!

[youtubehd]NUxTf8LbobA[/youtubehd]

i checked it 3 years ago or such, couldn't get into it but right now, after extensively digesting YES for one whole year this is sounding awesome. :music:

• 5 years later...

I've effectively got an album written already; I just need to mix it and maybe add some more vocals here and there. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of the year.

where can i listen to this?

I actually abandoned most of it, and the rest became my album Precursors, which is far from minimal. I still have the original recordings I spoke of though; I actually thought about releasing them under a different name recently.. so that may happen at some point in the future.

Archived