IGNORED

Would you rather live in a dystopian future?

MisterE

^^ HOLY. *Planning to call girlfriend after work to talk about saving for a future trip to Hong Kong*

Those shots are DOPE.

ha yeah, i'd like to go there as well, saving for a shanghai trip myself hopefully, it looks not any less cyberpunk, futurisctic dystopian etc.

19447503hood.jpgshanghai_main_555955a.jpg8798956876_6538c1f51f_b.jpg4211261360_92a1d33cfc_b.jpg

Oh my God, that's fucking dreamy. I'd love to explore all of that. Have fun in Shanghai, when are you thinking of going?

We are living in a dystopian future. End thread.

it could always be more dystopian. more cyberpunk. more future. :D

take mushrooms and explore a city at night

i thought the cashier dude in a shop was making robot noises,like modem sounds coming from his brain

lolol that sounds super cyber punk! youre right though, there's enough adventure, lights, technology, skyscrapers, machines, even in our own cities.. just gotta venture out and see things from different perspectives. there's something about exploring cities ive never been to, where i cant speak their language and i dont know their way of life that's appealing to me.

^^ HOLY. *Planning to call girlfriend after work to talk about saving for a future trip to Hong Kong*

Those shots are DOPE.

ha yeah, i'd like to go there as well, saving for a shanghai trip myself hopefully, it looks not any less cyberpunk, futurisctic dystopian etc.

Oh my God, that's fucking dreamy. I'd love to explore all of that. Have fun in Shanghai, when are you thinking of going?

idk, its more like a dream now, need to save up some money which shouldnt take too long, but i want to live there for a bit so i need to find a job there or save up some more money and be homeless, then i'd have to wait for the summer probably.

for free?

edit: sex i mean. also have you been there?

Don't think it's free. I myself have not been there. I work with a few people that are dealing with architectural projects over there. They never seemed too ecstatic about going back there for project reviews. Although, they didn't have much time to explore. Just said pollution is terrible & constantly propositioned for sex at all times. or were they referring to Bangkok with all that...can't remember.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the walled city of Kowloon (those Hong Kong slums) is no more.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City

Also I wouldn't consider shanghai very dystopian. The Bund is nice and all but it's much the same as the other big Asian cities.

any watmmer going to shanghai should hit me up. have been here for 7 yrs

can i sleep on your sofa for a few months?

Watmm sleepover at lumps place! Ima going on a holiday in december and i plan to go to either mexico or honkonghai

Sorry to burst your bubble but the walled city of Kowloon (those Hong Kong slums) is no more.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City

Also I wouldn't consider shanghai very dystopian. The Bund is nice and all but it's much the same as the other big Asian cities.

ye i know lol. hong kong is big , kowloon hasnt ever been the only/biggest slum of hong kong.

ye shanghai seems less dystopian then bangkok or hong kong, but its quite a bit bigger and more global than the other big asian cities, and it has like more cool towers and shit.

The original photos you posted were of Kowloon so I just assumed that's where you were talking about. I like Hong Kong a lot, didn't see many slum areas when I was there, but then again I wasn't really looking.

Shanghai definitely has some cool nighttime city scapes.

• 5 months later...

Archived