IGNORED

Tycho - Awake

Redruth

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#chillin #pacific #warm #nostalgia #vibes #girls #sun #sea #sand #summer #life #liveit #yolo #graphicdesign #photography #soawake #nature #organic #dontneeddrugswhenihavetycho #happy #love #OMG #thatmelodyissoCUTE #galaxy #foundthison8tracks #inluveversince #flowers #uplifting #devotional #makesitsunnnyevenwhenitsrainy #borninthewronggeneration #80svibes #70svibes #90sgirl #gotthisonsaleaturbanoutfitters #chillwave #blazed #cali #inthismomentweareinfinite ;3 xD

Sounds promising, Dive was easily the best album Tycho has recorded and was what finally broke him away from the oft-cited "BOC ripoff" sound charged at Past Is Prologue. Really grew on me since 2011. "Awake" sounds nice and warm, very similar to tracks off Dive but who knows, maybe he'll throw a curveball and change his sounds a bit on the album with the other songs.

nice. I'm also in the camp of those who changed their opinion of him after hearing Dive. I remember he got alot of hate on here when he first started due to the obvious BoC ripoff factor.

• 1 month later...

I like the Dive track a lot, but it sounds like after about 2 minutes in he wasn't sure what to do with the rest of the track.

It's great but I agree a bit drawn out compared to the other tracks off the album. I enjoyed the remixes a lot more, especially the Memoryhouse one:

To me Dive felt like an album long jam on 1 idea. I listened to it a lot though and I like it. The most standout track is the title track for sure. Sometimes I think I will find more individuality in the tracks, but I'm always subtly nagged by that feeling, like it's a somewhat fruitful exploration of style more than it is a composed album. It's definitely a style that he is developing though, and no one can fault the guy for trying to be many things. The guitar tone is it.

I also can't help but feel like much of the following is generated by the style/culture meme think tank that iso50 is. It's a great site and that garners a lot of power with the early to mid twenties designer demographic. They eat it up. Heck, I do to. In a way ghostly is the new brainfeeder.

#chillin #pacific #warm #nostalgia #vibes #girls #sun #sea #sand #summer #life #liveit #yolo #graphicdesign #photography #soawake #nature #organic #dontneeddrugswhenihavetycho #happy #love #OMG #thatmelodyissoCUTE #galaxy #foundthison8tracks #inluveversince #flowers #uplifting #devotional #makesitsunnnyevenwhenitsrainy #borninthewronggeneration #80svibes #70svibes #90sgirl #gotthisonsaleaturbanoutfitters #chillwave #blazed #cali #inthismomentweareinfinite ;3 xD

#lolirl

#summerdaydreamz #wintersunbeamz #postEnya #mysnareislikeahandclap #lyfestyle #parsonspunk #sartorialist #instajamz #surrealselfiez #bigupsbigsur #surfvidz #lushvibez #tshirtwebstore #pinkorangegradient #sunsetvisor #analoguewarmth #fuzz #carefree #latteart #im30yearsoldandihavemyassociatesdegreeinlatteart #knittedbeanie #posthackysack #yourtunezritenow #fairtrade #thisespressowonmeamedalinvancouver #brewtunez #bamboo #ienjoyextremesportswithasideoftycho #redbull #abletonlyfe #moogsynthesizer #tapedelay #sidechaindreamz #pintrestmarathon #ghostlyinternationalistheonlylabel4me #ilikeAphexTwinstheyareawesome

Nice interview with Scott about his career and the new album: http://thegreatdiscontent.com/scott-hansen

I get the (mis)impression from reading the interview that the album will be called "Awake" as well as the single - I dunno though. We'll find out next week I guess!

Good interview - he's refreshingly normal for someone who is a full-time artist.

I appreciate how much he effort he puts into the overall artwork and style of his work; Ghostly is like that in general actually, he fits in well on that roster.

I like the Dive track a lot, but it sounds like after about 2 minutes in he wasn't sure what to do with the rest of the track.

It's great but I agree a bit drawn out compared to the other tracks off the album. I enjoyed the remixes a lot more, especially the Memoryhouse one:

weoow this is great!

Archived