IGNORED

Tycho - Awake

Redruth

isn't that an old piece of art of his?

It does look familiar... I think he's used the gradated sun shape in other work before. Honestly, I'm not terribly fond of the artwork, but the music is what I'm more interested in.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend once described Tycho as "the kind of music that plays during Forza's loading screens"

That's all I hear every time I listen to his stuff now. Just not for me, I guess.

new stuff sounds a little jamband-ish. I'll wait to hear the new album. glad he's still moving away from the boc.

Couple of my good friends really digging it for that reason: they geeked out over all the subtle recording and sound dynamics of the new song. Their the kind of guys (both talented musicians) who would listen to say, a pop-punk album and know how the drums were recorded and mixed. It's actually kind of cool getting that kind of perspective.

#summerdaydreamz #wintersunbeamz #postEnya #mysnareislikeahandclap #lyfestyle #parsonspunk #sartorialist #instajamz #surrealselfiez #bigupsbigsur #surfvidz #lushvibez #tshirtwebstore #pinkorangegradient #sunsetvisor #analoguewarmth #fuzz #carefree #latteart #im30yearsoldandihavemyassociatesdegreeinlatteart #knittedbeanie #posthackysack #yourtunezritenow #fairtrade #thisespressowonmeamedalinvancouver #brewtunez #bamboo #ienjoyextremesportswithasideoftycho #redbull #abletonlyfe #moogsynthesizer #tapedelay #sidechaindreamz #pintrestmarathon #ghostlyinternationalistheonlylabel4me #ilikeAphexTwinstheyareawesome

Lol!

For nearly a decade, Tycho has been known as the musical alias of Scott Hansen, but with the release of Awake – his second LP for Ghostly International – the solo project has evolved into a three-piece band. Relating closer to post-rock than ambient soundscapes, the record is situated in the present, sounding more like Hansen than drawing from his influences. “This is, in many ways, the first true Tycho record.”

Hmm I didn't catch that until now. So I guess it's written by and for post rock trio, as opposed to a band playing his electronic composition.

I was going to say something again about how it's kind of really....simple on the surface, but as I listened I remembered again how visceral it can be. I didn't get into Dive at all until I discovered ISO50. His visuals and graphic design are really a big part of the music. Together, for me at least, it makes it something bigger and more interesting. It doesn't make it "stray away from BOC" so much as it delves into the nostalgia/retro thing even harder than BOC does/did. :boc:

That said Past is Prologue is still my favourite so far. :emotawesomepm9:

EDIT:

Or, you know, he could be the handbag-house (woops I mean the house music they play at a department store) of 'IDM'

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love design and adobe creative cloud. I like to blend different photos I've taken with my 5D Mark III. My 50mm lens is great for portraits, but I use my 19mm for landscapes. I also am a big fan of 60s-70s-era Braun. I'm a contributor to iso50. I wear real denim, am restoring a 1981 Bianchi, and prefer my latte with a rosetta on top. I prefer whole milk, grassfed, because it makes for some fine microfoam. When I'm rock climbing in Big Sur, I enjoy listening to Tycho's music, or anything on Ghostly, on a good set of cans. I bought an expensive set of cans recently, and they're definitely worth it, especially when listening to some quality music. I like to take women home and play them Bon Iver's older material. I also play guitar. I recently upgraded to a mahogany Martin. Again, it was expensive, but worth it. I like the warm tones encouraged by the mahogany back and sides, and the matte cedar top is ergonomic. I like building furniture from reclaimed pallet wood. I work in a furniture pop up shop.

I love design and adobe creative cloud. I like to blend different photos I've taken with my 5D Mark III. My 50mm lens is great for portraits, but I use my 19mm for landscapes. I also am a big fan of 60s-70s-era Braun. I'm a contributor to iso50. I wear real denim, am restoring a 1981 Bianchi, and prefer my latte with a rosetta on top. I prefer whole milk, grassfed, because it makes for some fine microfoam. When I'm rock climbing in Big Sur, I enjoy listening to Tycho's music, or anything on Ghostly, on a good set of cans. I bought an expensive set of cans recently, and they're definitely worth it, especially when listening to some quality music. I like to take women home and play them Bon Iver's older material. I also play guitar. I recently upgraded to a mahogany Martin. Again, it was expensive, but worth it. I like the warm tones encouraged by the mahogany back and sides, and the matte cedar top is ergonomic. I like building furniture from reclaimed pallet wood. I work in a furniture pop up shop.

^ post of 2014

^ post of 2014

hatersgonnahate-01.gif

http://blog.iso50.com/21621/highway-1-with-the-5d/

It’s been a while since I wrote about my most cherished 5DMKII. I drove down to Santa Barbara this weekend to catch a Neon Tree’s concert and brought the 5D for the trip back up the coast. Was hoping to get some sexy landscape shots (inspired by Mr. Navis and his multiple Big Sur adventures).

Alex Cornell is a San Francisco-based Designer and Musician. He is a cofounder of Firespotter Labs, a Google Ventures funded startup. He has also worked for IDEO, Plancast, and many other Bay Area companies as a UI/UX and brand designer. Recently he passed over 2 million views on YouTube where he maintains a periodic online musical presence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z72rLXTm878

/ / / H O W D O Y O U T Y C H O ? \ \ \

There are also, I believe, some Tycho-inspired John Mayer covers.

album is definitely pretty good. drives me nuts how the tracks just end though. being that they all sound similar, it would be a better listen if they transitioned a little more.

maybe its just first listen but i kept being pulled out of the album abruptly.

Archived