IGNORED

Osla for n

zlemflolia

If this was a 2 minute track on Quaristice just for a quick taste of the atmosphere and soundscape it creates that'd be cool and I'd label it as a good track just for its originality

But a full length track, the longest track on the entire EP, is just overdoing it and really brings it down. Replace Osla with just about any AE track of a similar style and L-event would be better imo. But then again I can't think of much that really matches this style.

Idk. It just doesn't fit in from what I can tell yet but I'll be giving it lots more listens.

I trust AE's judgement in adding it to the EP but don't understand their reasoning just yet.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest the dave colonel

I'm digging this track. I didn't really hear it all until I put the headphones on. Of course, I've been listening to a lot of Scald Rougish lately so I may have gone loco

Yeah I got a bit of a Scald Rougish/Dalglish vibe from this track

I love its sound and atmosphere, is nice and creepy. But it is my least favourite on the EP and agree that it seems weird it is the longest track when it doesn't seem to develop much. Think it will be a grower tho

Guest the anonymous forumite

In comparison, Dial is way better than this. Osla is ok for like 10 seconds and then you get bored.

whot the fuck is BILL SENDER

Brother of Lee Enfield. Well after a few listens I agree, some more could happen in this track. The pads in 7:10 e.g. give some opportunities. But it seems to be a lazy track (as is lot of the latest Plaid album). Not sure.

Listening to this in the context of the EP programming order is fine; it sort of takes the intensity of the first two and allows the experience to breathe and stretch out while maintaining a little disorientation/unease. It would probably work better in context if newbound was a bit more intense. But it's clearly about the feels and slowing the L-event roll and not the technicality of it all.

I've only listened to the EP maybe twice so far, but none of the tracks really feel to me like they're supposed to be taken in isolation from the rest of the EP.

This track is super cool. I think anyone jumping to conclusions already about how bad it is have forgotten what the Ae experience is all about.

Listening to this track the first 50-100 times it will sound just like Confield did on first listen. It has tons of atmosphere and the coughing beat has just the right texture. Kind of like the noises in Flep. Also anyone calling the progression predictable should seek employment in the clairvoyance industry.

Most prominent track on first listen of the EP, I like it.

Funny you should mention Confield. My initial thought after listening to Osla for n was that it would fit perfectly on Confield, maybe even replace Eidetic Casein ^^

I agree that maybe it does just sound like this because we haven't listened enough yet. It's definitely not accessible and if I didn't trust Autechre and know from past experiences with other inaccessible albums of theirs, I'd say at this point it sounds like a bunch of noises randomly thrown together but obviously it isn't

Worst on L-event

Possibly worst in Ae catalogue

I actually like the last 3 1/2 minutes just fine

So while I still fine it worst on l event, I admit being quite hyperbolic with the second sentence

I agree that maybe it does just sound like this because we haven't listened enough yet. It's definitely not accessible and if I didn't trust Autechre and know from past experiences with other inaccessible albums of theirs, I'd say at this point it sounds like a bunch of noises randomly thrown together but obviously it isn't

This is coming from hardcore autechre fans so think what "normal" people must make of it! I picked my Mrs up in the car earlier with this track playing... within about 1/2 a second of being in the car she had turned it off with a "that isnt even music" comment... Still i get a worse response from her when i pick her up with gabba playing!

I do think this track will be a grower and actualy think its a good sign that Autechre are still challenging us after all this time.

This is the best track on the ep so far, athough, 12 hours ago I thought the first track was better.

The track starts of with a bunch of boorish bastard beats, as if someones beating their head off a squash wall before going for a game of badminton. Ae give the listener a bit of breathing space, threatening to go into beach volleyball, but stick their head back into the squash court. If you know what i mean.

Its got the Augmatic Disport thing going. Very obtuse and overbearing beginning, which melts away into a funky simmer.

This is just what I thought on first listen - for the first half I was kind of annoyed, but curious - then the groove locked into place and I immediately thought of Augmatic Disport and how much AE fucks with everybody.

edit - actually it was Ipacial Section that came to mind first, that was one I mostly hated on my first listen until the developments half way though. Augmatic Disport does something similar too. A lot of Untilted really annoyed me at first.

This track really gives me the feel of a Quaristice era take.A lot of the sound palette in this song reminds me a lot of their patches they used in Notwo , Outh9x, or Tankakern. Excellent ambience work on their part. The filtered noise snares really make it hypnotizing after a while.

I can't really grab the track yet. It's not bad but hasn't made "click" either, yet. There is something pretty deep in it, though. And I know there is more to come. In regards to its (apparent) monotony at least it doesn't feel as dull as "Cloudline" to me.

Archived