IGNORED

Osla for n

zlemflolia

This song either sounds retarded or wonderful. Or both.

I'm gonna roll with... retarded.

This song is a joke and anyone trying to justify it is delusional. I seriously make this same fucking song every morning before work. It's called an ice scraper on a windshield and it's not original and there is no expert programming or songwriting at work here.

The pads etc towards the end of the song are highly predictable and repetitive.

That being said, everyone has their own opinion. If you enjoy this, all the power to you.

do u even perlence subrange 6-36 bro?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This song is a joke and anyone trying to justify it is delusional. I seriously make this same fucking song every morning before work. It's called an ice scraper on a windshield and it's not original and there is no expert programming or songwriting at work here.

That being said, everyone has their own opinion. If you enjoy this, all the power to you.

I do! Beautiful work, that is. Osla for n, not so much.

To me, Osla for N feels like a build up to something epic....but never really gets there. It's really interesting, just slightly unsatisfying by the end.

I think this had the potential to be the most intense track in their catalogue. If this was an Untilted era track, the resulting breakdown would be dope.

As it stands, still an excellent track. But it sputters awkwardly between routine and greatness. The background in the track as it evolves is gorgeous though.

I do! Beautiful work, that is. Osla for n, not so much.

You must be Gangsta Trippin.

Tried again, still don't like it. I like almost every track in their discography (except most of draft) but find this completely unlistenable.

Not everyone has to like every track you know lol

Tried again, still don't like it. I like almost every track in their discography (except most of draft) but find this completely unlistenable.

Not everyone has to like every track you know lol

Heresy!

lol :emotawesomepm9:

Well, string me up then! =)

Probaly my 2nd fave track of L-event.

The beat on the first half just evokes so much tension. Sets the mood for when you are picking out details in the background. Also its a style of track that I really lilke where it's really two pieces where the second is based upon a complete inversion of the beat. Love the transition. Reminds me of cipater (or 1 1 is) in that regard.

Osla is very beautiful to me. I think the first 3 tracks here create a great mood and soundscape. Newbound unfortunately sounds a little Move of Ten-ish, it doesn't quite belong here.

Osla is very beautiful to me. I think the first 3 tracks here create a great mood and soundscape. Newbound unfortunately sounds a little Move of Ten-ish, it doesn't quite belong here.

I would agree with that. Not keen on newbound though it gets better as the track goes along. Start is a bit garish imo. I like the mulchy nature sounds in the latter part, reminds me a bit of tracks like Bronchus 2.

I'm pretty sure it's just me that hates it. lol

I hated it too on first few listens.

Then I started to like the ending a little bit.

Then all of a sudden I found myself really liking the whole second half

I'm still not too keen on the foreground sounds/scrapes in the first half, but I'm starting to dig the background sounds in that part.

What is happening to me? I am changing. Who am I? What hath Ae done

I'm pretty sure it's just me that hates it. lol

I hated it too on first few listens.

Then I started to like the ending a little bit.

Then all of a sudden I found myself really liking the whole second half

I'm still not too keen on the foreground sounds/scrapes in the first half, but I'm starting to dig the background sounds in that part.

What is happening to me? I am changing. Who am I? What hath Ae done

well yeah... it's the 4 or so minutes of just scraping noises that's ridiculous. The last half is tolerable yeah. No disrespect to the chre'... but it will take a lot for me to change my mind lol. I will give it another shot or two tonight

Guest bitroast

was discussing l-event with modey the first day it came out, and one thing we both really agreed on was the songs seem to be backwards (dunno if he stills agrees with this comment).

but Osla for n and M39 Diffain are in complete reverse order to most autechre songs, for me at least.

like, most songs will build upon grooves and rhythms and get you're brain going with a certain flow, before breaking itself up and crumbling into something more weird and abstract during the second half of the track.

these l-event tracks start off abstract and broken and already crumbled. first time listening to them, i was sitting around trying to work out what the fuck i was listening to, before realising that the track was building itself up. it's the second half of the track that reveals the strongest rhythms and melodies.

so yeah, for me at least, the songs are completely in reverse to other ae songs.

the only song i can think of that reminds me of this is maybe like, ... pro radii? but even that is pretty banging from the get go.

edit: your*

excuse my lazy grammar

was discussing l-event with modey the first day it came out, and one thing we both really agreed on was the songs seem to be backwards (dunno if he stills agrees with this comment).

but Osla for n and M39 Diffain are in complete reverse order to most autechre songs, for me at least.

like, most songs will build upon grooves and rhythms and get you're brain going with a certain flow, before breaking itself up and crumbling into something more weird and abstract during the second half of the track.

these l-event tracks start off abstract and broken and already crumbled. first time listening to them, i was sitting around trying to work out what the fuck i was listening to, before realising that the track was building itself up. it's the second half of the track that reveals the strongest rhythms and melodies.

so yeah, for me at least, the songs are completely in reverse to other ae songs.

the only song i can think of that reminds me of this is maybe like, ... pro radii? but even that is pretty banging from the get go.

You've got a really good point actually...

Simmm comes to mind immediately.

Guest bitroast

yeah yeah !!

it's really hard to find more song examples.

a lot of the time i just hear songs as wholes and don't even pay attention to it in terms of arrangement. but l-event definitely got me thinking about it and paying more attention :)

ae said in the aaa thread that the ep goes hand in hand with the lp, but to me there's still a slight distinction between the two.

yeah yeah !!

it's really hard to find more song examples.

a lot of the time i just hear songs as wholes and don't even pay attention to it in terms of arrangement. but l-event definitely got me thinking about it and paying more attention :)

ae said in the aaa thread that the ep goes hand in hand with the lp, but to me there's still a slight distinction between the two.

I think you're right. Maybe what they were referring to is that... I find many of the Exai songs have this longish buildup, then a more intense section, and a long mellow washout... VekoS, Runrepik... recks on come to mind... I find L-event IS similar

Archived