IGNORED

Anyone Vaping?

A Reggae Lee Bowyer

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have some friends really into making and vaping concentrates. It's a thing. People really make it into a fuckin thing. It is great I guess, but I'm not gonna go making it into such a thing. I'm still fond of the simpler pleasures.

I had to go on a trip recently for 3 weeks and couldn't take the ecig. I had a slight niggly feeling for about half a day and that was it. Quitting smoking was a long painful experience that lasted months. I can only conclude that I was never all that addicted to nicotine. It was the other nasty shit in the cigarettes.

i know plenty of double blind medical trials which would disagree with you.

Well I can really only speak for myself. I also think there's probably a good bit of misinformation about nicotine floating around. It's too much of a dirty business to trust much of what you read. The Nathan Barley comment made me chuckle. It really is quite a ridiculous pastime and when the things look as they do its funny. I've had a lot of moments where I stop and think wtf, this is a weird, futuristic madness. As a smoker there were always times where I would be in the company of people who didn't smoke and it was a shitty feeling of being judged when I stepped outside to smoke or lit up in front of them. Now with vaping in public I just feel I look like a bit of an oddball but that's nothing new.

Haven't smoked in over a month. I've been sucking on an e-cig for the last two weeks and I'll admit that it's certainly helped me resist.

I'm not convinced it really does a lot to me chemically, but it seems to be a good pacifier. The last two weekends I've been around smokers and have completely managed to resist, so I'm pretty happy with it. Just gotta keep at it now.

i bought an e-cig kit a couple of years ago or whatever, but had a pretty shit experience. almost no vapour, got nicotine juice in my mouth all the time and they only lasted for like 30 minutes. it pretty much put me off from trying it again but uhh, still, anyone got a brand/kit to recommend that's not super expensive?

i bought an e-cig kit a couple of years ago or whatever, but had a pretty shit experience. almost no vapour, got nicotine juice in my mouth all the time and they only lasted for like 30 minutes. it pretty much put me off from trying it again but uhh, still, anyone got a brand/kit to recommend that's not super expensive?

The bog standard shit you buy in stores is totally useless. You need to have something that vapes at a higher voltage, can be refilled with juice and doesn't leak. A common next step upgrade from the little pen sized things is the ego twist. I have never tried one but I know they are cheap and very popular. You should get several hours battery life before recharge and the option of using tons of different atomizer/cartomizer heads and juices. A bit of reading over at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ is a good starting point. There's some jargon to get your head around regarding different types of setups and attachments but youtube has a lot of video explanations of the basics and it's simple from there.

Haven't smoked in over a month. I've been sucking on an e-cig for the last two weeks and I'll admit that it's certainly helped me resist.

I'm not convinced it really does a lot to me chemically, but it seems to be a good pacifier. The last two weekends I've been around smokers and have completely managed to resist, so I'm pretty happy with it. Just gotta keep at it now.

I found cold turkey easier than trying to replace with the ecig but a lot of people have success that way. The problem I found is that when the ecig ran out of battery or juice I would go and buy cigarettes. I think if you're gonna try to switch like that you need to be careful to make sure you are well stocked of everything you need. Spare batteries, juice/cart refills etc. Also I could never find an accurate tobacco flavor. I ended up trying a vanilla flavor one day and as much as it made me feel like a bit of a bellend, it was much nicer.

Guest viscosity

I got a glass sherlock Vaporgenie about a month back. not electric, but using a torch lighter, you can vape basically anything.. heard it works great with dmt

glass_sherlock.jpg

I got a glass sherlock Vaporgenie about a month back. not electric, but using a torch lighter, you can vape basically anything.. heard it works great with dmt

glass_sherlock.jpg

Does it produce a lot of visible vapor? Does the weed stink the place up still? I have no idea about herb vaping but I'm keen to find something that works well.

Guest viscosity

^^ if you have your technique down with it, it's great for vaporizing any sort of herb... it works just like an electronic vaporizer, you're just applying the heat yourself. doesn't smell much with cannabis.. works great with pipe-cut tobacco in my case

You've got me researching now. I didn't realize these herb vaporizers existed. I had heard of people trying to use ecig things and failing miserably but I've clearly been way out of touch for a while. I'm looking at this now and getting a real itch.

[youtubehd]iLtbvfHWk5Y[/youtubehd]

Vaping ganj's got the best flavor, but nowadays I inject the buds directly into my veins with a needle the size of my wrist. It burns like a muthafucka- and when the nug goes through your heart it fucking HURTS- but then after that, the high is so sweet-- I dunno if I could ever go back to glow in the dark pipes. Other option: straight to the dome technique-- which is where you literally cut open your skull at the top, split your brain in the center, and drop hash oil directly into your pineal gland. It's fuckin' nutz, brah. The first time I did it I was like, "I'M DEEEAD!!!", and then I realized I was more alive than ever.

Naw, but vaping e-cigs in public is kind of a weird taboo thing that is not even taboo. It's like you're from the future, and people don't even know what that is. Like if you were injecting heroin with syringes in the 1200's, nobody would know what the fuck you were doing, but parents would cover their children's eyes perhaps.

In related news: I like to import sex toys from the future to make people feel awkward in public, even though they don't know why.

Just realised that whilst I've been happily quit smoking for a month, I've had this pen in my peripheral vision, taunting me:

BXHWt5mIgAALgkj.jpg

Guest RadarJammer

yeah, we vaporize weed here mostly because the gf prefers it to smoking (which gives her that cigarette-morning mouthfeel+cough, apparently) and because the lack of smoke keeps us slightly more discreet in our studio apt. there are wee children across the hall, for troons sake. and any "cashed" weed from the vaporizer gets put in a little jar... i'm gonna try to make a tincture with that stuff later but i dunno how that'll work out. i do generally prefer smoking though.

if you want to make a really simple tincture try just mixing that cached weed with some Everclear or Bicardi 151, let it sit for about a half a week shaking it up occasionally. Then pour it through a coffee filter or cheese/clothe, keep the liquid.

weed tinctures are very strange though, the high is much more of a subtle come up than even weed food for me and can take you quite by surprise.

and the less liquid to pot ratio obviously the stronger the tincture will be

unless you are trying to get more out of the weed than the active cannabinoids you only need to let it sit in the alcohol for several seconds, alcohol strips the THC right out of the weed like paint thinner. anything longer and you are extracting plant oils and fats which aren't fun to smoke or consume.

it you are gonna drink the alcohol you need to decarboxylate the weed first unless you wanna experiment with heating alcohol.

yeah, we vaporize weed here mostly because the gf prefers it to smoking (which gives her that cigarette-morning mouthfeel+cough, apparently) and because the lack of smoke keeps us slightly more discreet in our studio apt. there are wee children across the hall, for troons sake. and any "cashed" weed from the vaporizer gets put in a little jar... i'm gonna try to make a tincture with that stuff later but i dunno how that'll work out. i do generally prefer smoking though.

if you want to make a really simple tincture try just mixing that cached weed with some Everclear or Bicardi 151, let it sit for about a half a week shaking it up occasionally. Then pour it through a coffee filter or cheese/clothe, keep the liquid.

weed tinctures are very strange though, the high is much more of a subtle come up than even weed food for me and can take you quite by surprise.

and the less liquid to pot ratio obviously the stronger the tincture will be

unless you are trying to get more out of the weed than the active cannabinoids you only need to let it sit in the alcohol for several seconds, alcohol strips the THC right out of the weed like paint thinner. anything longer and you are extracting plant oils and fats which aren't fun to smoke or consume.

it you are gonna drink the alcohol you need to decarboxylate the weed first unless you wanna experiment with heating alcohol.

The cannabinoids and alcohol part is correct, but since his bud has been vaped that he will be starting with, it has already been put through a process of decarboxylation.

Using fresh, either bake it @ any temp below 350F for about 15 minutes depending on how much is used. Or if you don't wanna fuck with that but want to mess with heating alcohol. Use a hot water bath and tons of ventilation.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've got a couple of plants drying out now - can anyone recommend any inexpensive, portable vapourisers that can vape buds? I can't be bothered making oils and whatnot.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Vaping ganj's got the best flavor, but nowadays I inject the buds directly into my veins with a needle the size of my wrist. It burns like a muthafucka- and when the nug goes through your heart it fucking HURTS- but then after that, the high is so sweet-- I dunno if I could ever go back to glow in the dark pipes. Other option: straight to the dome technique-- which is where you literally cut open your skull at the top, split your brain in the center, and drop hash oil directly into your pineal gland. It's fuckin' nutz, brah. The first time I did it I was like, "I'M DEEEAD!!!", and then I realized I was more alive than ever.

Naw, but vaping e-cigs in public is kind of a weird taboo thing that is not even taboo. It's like you're from the future, and people don't even know what that is. Like if you were injecting heroin with syringes in the 1200's, nobody would know what the fuck you were doing, but parents would cover their children's eyes perhaps.

In related news: I like to import sex toys from the future to make people feel awkward in public, even though they don't know why.

lel

I have a buddy that is in e-cig sales.

He's busy as fuk lately.

I'm curious as to what the health risks are for these things. Not in comparison to tobacco cigs, just in general.

You're always hearing about the health benefits but I've heard about cheap imitation chinese crap flooding the market, so you could be inhaling meltimg plastic/fibreglass fumes too.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I honestly can't get my head around how people can genuinely think e-cigs are a better alternative to normal cigs. Someone in my office started trying to quit smoking by getting herself an e-cig and she thought it was healthier for some reason - I looked at the small print on the back and the chemicals in that shit were really harmful. The vapour smells awful as well.

Archived