IGNORED

Anyone Vaping?

A Reggae Lee Bowyer

Still haven't smoked. That's over a month, at least. I can't remember when exactly I quit any more so I'm just going from October.

I'm down to my last e-cig capsule, though. They only usually last a day or two, but I keep sucking on them for a week or until I'm likely to be out/drinking. They cost £6 for five or something, so I might buy another lot just in case. Christmas drinking and all that.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so i picked up one of these for $30 last week:

volt-e-cigarette-batteries.jpg

so far i love this. the "flavors" i've tried are all basically just emulating tobacco - it's weird to taste tobacco as it smells rather than just tasting smoke. i did a sniff test last night with two kinds of american spirits and the cartridge flavor i enjoy the most so far, and the cartridge does capture the same scent, just smells a bit better, lol.

the only ingredients in the nicotine cartridge are nicotine, propylene glycol, and vegetable glycerin. :shrug:

best part about this is that i don't smoke a whole cigarette's worth of nicotine anymore, a few drags makes me content and i put it away. it charges via USB.

i think i'm converted.

Man, I really wanted to smoke a cigarette today. I'm glad I didn't, but I'm feeling sucky ever since that desire. I think I'll hit the hay.

A friend sent me this pen and attachment globe for smoking shatter or wax. It is pretty damn nice to just press a button and take a fat dab.

pen:

689144046_045.jpg

attachment globe & atomizer for wax/shatter:
halo-globe-alt-011-457x385.jpg
here's the vapir I bought back in 2003, still works great but will not hold a charge so can only use it while plugged in:
vn2_0066.jpg

Here's the vaping thread halisray. Use this one lol. I removed the other 5 threads you created on the matter. /send from a proper computer using common sense.

thanks, I'll refrain from using Tapatalk lol.

So, after doing a bit of research, it looks like the SmokeLess Image Volt is a good beginner vaporizer?

Any other honourable mentions? Portable styles if possible.

thanks

for some reason i cant edit my post

is this a good deal?

http://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VVBEGINER

About average price for the e-go twist, it's a good starting vape. The deal is you get some juice thrown in. 30ML will last you a couple weeks if you're a regular smoker.

I pretty new to the whole Ecig scene, but before my dad passed away, he would use this site all the time: http://www.premiumecigarette.com/

I started using it last summer and surprisingly, the cartridges last pretty long (I had a menthol 11mg last me a week and a half during Hurricane Sandy) Coming from smoking a pack a day almost, i'm now down to buying a pack every two or three weeks, depending if i have to play a show or going out for drinks. They also have these new EGO vapes that seem to have a button that controls how much smoke it release upon intake, but the standard versions are pretty great. They also have delicious flavors, i usually get Vanilla, Caramel, or Menthol. Never tried the Regular Tobacco flavor before but i have seen reviews comparing it to Natural American Spirit's.

As for vapes being used for bud consumption, i prefer a bowl or bubbler. I don't know why, but most vapes don't work for me, the only one that worked for me so far was my friends Volcano Vape.

I honestly can't get my head around how people can genuinely think e-cigs are a better alternative to normal cigs. Someone in my office started trying to quit smoking by getting herself an e-cig and she thought it was healthier for some reason - I looked at the small print on the back and the chemicals in that shit were really harmful. The vapour smells awful as well.

you can't imagine how combusting a toxic plant, tobacco is more harmful than just smoking nicotine? Are you being serious? Strawberry shortcake smells awful to you? The person vaping in your office must be smoking a shitty smelling flavor, e-cig juice comes in almost literally any flavor or odor you can think of.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

If the ingredients include a variety of carcinogenic and toxic chemicals as well as nicotine, that's not 'just smoking nicotine'. Seems to me like the number one reason to quit smoking would be health. I don't see this as being a healthy alternative personally.

I honestly can't get my head around how people can genuinely think e-cigs are a better alternative to normal cigs. Someone in my office started trying to quit smoking by getting herself an e-cig and she thought it was healthier for some reason - I looked at the small print on the back and the chemicals in that shit were really harmful. The vapour smells awful as well.

you can't imagine how combusting a toxic plant, tobacco is more harmful than just smoking nicotine? Are you being serious? Strawberry shortcake smells awful to you? The person vaping in your office must be smoking a shitty smelling flavor, e-cig juice comes in almost literally any flavor or odor you can think of.

Depends on whatever they are cut with. It's not nearly as bad as the actual combustion of tobacco would be in the long run, but I have seen propylene glycol and other diol chemicals cutting the whole lot to make the bulk of what you are vaporizing, and little to no hardcore research has been done as to the toxicity of these chemicals when vaporized and inhaled by tobacco/nicotine fiends all day long, every day, along with extracted big-pharma nicotine, which is not necessarily the most benign chemical by itself when it comes to long-term intake.

I also don't really like the vaping trend as a non-nicotine/tobacco smoker. Stephen Dorff is telling people on the tube that it's time to be adults and take freedom back, how about take your freedom back from a crappy addiction to an even crappier chemical and stop making excuses. To each his own, I guess... <--- I know that it makes me sound like cigarette Hitler.

ok sheesh, at a pc now.

Depends on whatever they are cut with. It's not nearly as bad as the actual combustion of tobacco would be in the long run, but I have seen propylene glycol and other diol chemicals cutting the whole lot to make the bulk of what you are vaporizing, and little to no hardcore research has been done as to the toxicity of these chemicals when vaporized and inhaled by tobacco/nicotine fiends all day long, every day, along with extracted big-pharma nicotine, which is not necessarily the most benign chemical by itself when it comes to long-term intake.

I also don't really like the vaping trend as a non-nicotine/tobacco smoker. Stephen Dorff is telling people on the tube that it's time to be adults and take freedom back, how about take your freedom back from a crappy addiction to an even crappier chemical and stop making excuses. To each his own, I guess... <--- I know that it makes me sound like cigarette Hitler.

since you only listed propylene glycol by name, i'm curious why you say 'little to no hardcore research has been done as to the toxicity of those chemicals...'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propylene_glycol#Humans

also lol at the idea of people vaping e-cigs all day long every day, that would be fucking brutal.

not saying these e-cig things are risk free by any means (they're certainly risky + addictive), i just don't get the 'think of all those toxic chemicals in there!' position when the only alternatives are... combustion (really carginogenic). i definitely get why some people are opposed to any tobacco use, it's admittedly really stupid.

but fwiw like i said above, the only ingredients listed in the few cartridges i have are propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, and nicotine, so i'm just curious if you guys know something about these chemicals that i don't (the first two, i mean.)

No, he just doesn't want to back down because he's being stubborn, or he's ignorant and still need to be patiently schooled. If the former, perhaps this is because like with many i have read on the net knee jerkedly opposing vaping, it hurts their ability to be able to legitimately complain about people vaping in social situations. "No the problem is not me it's you, i am only stopping you for the sake of your health, i'm like a saint or something, not the patron for the fun police."

No offence man, but this is what i legitimately think and it's for your own mental health that you listen before it's too late. heeeh

So far, I have a spotless record for removing and demolishing vape gear when someone reveals it from their person. If I see someone on a misty night with a blue LED about 4 inches from their lips, I run straight for them with my outstretched arm ready to rend. Hearing the puny clack and fizzle as it goes asunder upon the asphalt is a high you just can't get from vaping, tab or otherwise.

And all I'm doing really is letting that vapor vape.

ok sheesh, at a pc now.

since you only listed propylene glycol by name, i'm curious why you say 'little to no hardcore research has been done as to the toxicity of those chemicals...'

also lol at the idea of people vaping e-cigs all day long every day, that would be fucking brutal.

not saying these e-cig things are risk free by any means (they're certainly risky + addictive), i just don't get the 'think of all those toxic chemicals in there!' position when the only alternatives are... combustion (really carginogenic). i definitely get why some people are opposed to any tobacco use, it's admittedly really stupid.

but fwiw like i said above, the only ingredients listed in the few cartridges i have are propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, and nicotine, so i'm just curious if you guys know something about these chemicals that i don't (the first two, i mean.)

No tests have ever been done in the effects of VAPORIZING these chemicals in conjunction with nicotine. Orally ingesting something is much different than vaporizing it and inhaling it, especially considering the chemical family it's from where the vapor from like 95% of other related chemicals is carcinogenic to the x-treme. I don't like the idea of vaporizing the shit that is put in fog machines for poofs off a cig-thing. I know it's much better than combusting plant matter containing carcinogens, but I do think people I know that use them all day every day ignore the side effects. Some say they get headaches from it, some say they get lung aches and some say they get dry throat.

I know people who use the fuckin' things all day, every day. It's pretty damn brutal. They have these things that practically look like lightsabers and they just toke off it all day.

I shouldn't have to tell you how/why nicotine is bad, it's been shown to lead to cancer and apoptosis even without the added carcinogens from tobacco itself. Glycerine, on the other hand, is fairly benign IMO, most companies should use glycerine over glycol alcohols.

If you're gonna quit smoking just quit you pussies!

I love smoking and have done for years, i smoke american spirit organic 100% additive free rolling tobacco which i'm sure isn't 100% additive free.

Ecigs have loads of chemicals and is hardly regulated in the UK, speaking with a friend who is a chemist and makes his own liquid for "vaping", the on the street ecigs can have as much as 60 chemicals in them.....hmmmmmm his has 3

ok sheesh, at a pc now.

No tests have ever been done in the effects of VAPORIZING these chemicals in conjunction with nicotine. Orally ingesting something is much different than vaporizing it and inhaling it, especially considering the chemical family it's from where the vapor from like 95% of other related chemicals is carcinogenic to the x-treme. I don't like the idea of vaporizing the shit that is put in fog machines for poofs off a cig-thing. I know it's much better than combusting plant matter containing carcinogens, but I do think people I know that use them all day every day ignore the side effects. Some say they get headaches from it, some say they get lung aches and some say they get dry throat.

i'm still just concerned w/ propylene glycol as that's the only questionable chemical in my cartridges (i already know about nicotine's negative effects, and the only other thing in there is that vegetable glycerin) ... that said, looks like there have been a number of studies on PG over the years: http://www.vapersclub.com/pg.php

not saying that's totally comprehensive, but that list draws from a pretty wide range of sources. i just kinda feel like both the marketing hype and the media-backlash about these things are over-exaggerated.

I love smoking and have done for years, i smoke american spirit organic 100% additive free rolling tobacco which i'm sure isn't 100% additive free.

Ecigs have loads of chemicals and is hardly regulated in the UK, speaking with a friend who is a chemist and makes his own liquid for "vaping", the on the street ecigs can have as much as 60 chemicals in them.....hmmmmmm his has 3

Have you read any of this thread. This comes up time and again, all the loads of heaps of so many chemicals in ecig. An ecig usually has 3 vital ingredients + a food grade flavouring. Nicotine, propelyene glycol and vegetable derived glycerine (or polyethylene glycol 400) into which some flavouring is infused like strawberry or whatever. Compare this to the hundreds of byproducts produced when tobacco and the other additives of a cigarette are burned.

Don't give in to the anti-ecig hype machine, even if standards and testing should be created and enforced like happens with food products and household appliances. It shouldn't be controlled like a medicine, which is something they want to do so that they can kill many of the players in the market. The WHO wants a moratorium on ecigs. This would be so that all the current players who got ahead of the game go bankrupt and there will be a do over for existing large corporations to move into and control this market from then on.

With the help of ecigs, potentially everyone smoking today could transfer over to this way of getting their nicotine fix. It could save tens of thousands of lives per year. And as for getting over their fix, what about the billions that drink caffeine, should they just get over that addiction, or alcohol? They are going to do it whatever you think, shouldn't safer alternatives be available to them. (like in the case of caffeine people should be allowed to brew coca tea instead (heh)).

Jump

off

a

bridge

please

at least you were polite but......get fucked

i don't understand why people smoke an ecig when there's very little research about the effects from contents. they are branded as safer alternative to smoking and no one questions it.

I's like to hear Bill Hicks view on them

how many non-smokers do we have here tonight? [loud applause] Bunch of whinin' maggots. [lights cigarette] Bunch of obnoxious, self-righteous slugs. Don't take that wrong. I'd quit smoking if I didn't think I'd become one of you. I'm willing to die seven years before my time just so I'll be cool each last fuckin' day.

Archived