IGNORED

Online Surveillance Report

apriorion

There was a story on NPR recently about surveillance trends in society, and it ended with "New Seeds", appropriately enough.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2013/10/16/232181204/are-we-moving-to-a-world-with-more-online-surveillance

Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, BOC is one of the two bands I like who deserve to be played as most NPR outro tunes (the other is Tortoise). Stories about current events which confirm my paranoid tendencies, even better. Now that I think about it, I'd rather that NPR not use BOC for the end of a Diane Rhem show about grooming your pomeranians or whatever. But most "All Things Considered" stories are appropriate.

• 3 weeks later...

They play the SHIT out of Bonobo on NPR - it's like they have a hardon for his music to use it in interludes between stories...

Yeah there's a post-rock band that gets played a lot too - Album Leaf maybe...? NPR has a pretty good music website - and yet All Things Considered bumper music is more often than not sounds like subpar Ninja Tune-esque lounge music. The kind of stuff that makes middle-aged liberals feel hip but in reality is only listened to by fedora wearing quasi-bro nerds.

They play the SHIT out of Bonobo on NPR - it's like they have a hardon for his music to use it in interludes between stories...

Yeah there's a post-rock band that gets played a lot too - Album Leaf maybe...? NPR has a pretty good music website - and yet All Things Considered bumper music is more often than not sounds like subpar Ninja Tune-esque lounge music. The kind of stuff that makes middle-aged liberals feel hip but in reality is only listened to by fedora wearing quasi-bro nerds.

lol I like your choice of words Josh

lol I like your choice of words Josh

I'm completely basing this off the people I see with NPR affiliate bumper stickers and the profile pics of dudes who hung out in the chillout rooms on turntable.fm.

Stereotypes? Yes. But stereotypes based on fact.

I was quite amused that "New Seeds" was used in this:

http://youtu.be/tUyK8tD5ExI

Archived