IGNORED

New Aphex Twin Song?

Guest sonnyskare

Die Antwoord haters, shut your mouth.

They're one of the most original things to come out of music in recent years and if Aphex is involved, he's probably involved with a large portion of the production.

lel

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're one of the most original things to come out of music business imagery in recent years and if Aphex is involved, he's probably involved with nothing of value.

Destroying the lol machine

Edit: Remember, Richard only uses the Aphex Twin name for his best studio works.. The last time it was used was for Fenix Funk 5 and Xmd5A in January 2005, so be grateful you pessimists.

Die Antwoord also posted pics with Chris Cunningham a year ago, I think a lot of you will eat your words.

Aphex Twin is the name that RDJ uses when he plays live shows, or swinging pianos, not all of which is his 'best studio work' so...

do you need some milk to go with those words you'll be eating?

Hence why I said studio work, live is an entirely different thing.. If he DJ'd as The Tuss, who would turn up?

i myself never pass up a meal of words, so if you arent that hungry, i'll go ahead and eat your words.

Let me be clear, though: I am happy that he's still producing, and that he sees some of his new material fit for the official Aphex brand. Of course I'll give it my full attention when it's out there, and heck, I might even like it. I just don't like what I've seen by Die Antwoord, and I don't like the collaborations I've seen between him and Die Antwoord either.

Nonetheless, I'm happy he's having fun, at least. I will admit, it seems like he was having a good time with the Die Antwoord guys, and I don't begrudge them that union, anyway. So I'm not saying "Aphex, how could you do this to us?" Or anything along those lines. I just don't dig it. I hope to see more Aphex on his own, since that's when he's best, anyway.

True. I remember Crystal Castles, a group that I think sucks donkey ass, making a song collaboration with Robert Smith and I turned out liking it.

They're one of the most original things to come out of music in recent years.

Although I don't mean to offend you, but merely criticize your evaluation skills: I entered this forum in hope to find people that actually understand music.

Listen to their three songs for a while and then please point out to me what of that "music" has any sort of quality to it, except their funny faces and make-up.

To me they're worst music that actually gets attention and them collaborating with a fucking genius who has created some of the best music of the last 23 years is nothing but a sad, sad joke.

Although I don't mean to offend you, but merely criticize your evaluation skills: I entered this forum in hope to find people that actually understand music.

well what makes you the expert mister smart pants.

Listen to their three songs for a while and then please point out to me what of that "music" has any sort of quality to it, except their funny faces and make-up.

To me they're worst music that actually gets attention and them collaborating with a fucking genius who has created some of the best music of the last 23 years is nothing but a sad, sad joke.

get a fucking life you miserable twat

"entering the forum to find people that actually understand music"

103193-andre_rieu_617_409.jpg

He said didn't want to do it because they wanted it too quickly. I wonder if it will be a variation of the live track he played for them at LED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSe03Dsh7Y4

one of my friends recognised the tune played in the video, defenitely not Richard :smile:

New rdj alter ego confirmed, so good, so deep edits and the wub. So afex. Wow.

Anyway, I'm not expecting much from this collab. Weird that he'd reanimate the aphex twin moniker for such a thing.

I actually don't think it's that weird that he would resuscitate the Aphex brand for this. To be honest, I actually think this kinda makes sense, insofar as RDJ is capable of making sense. I'm not that thrilled about the idea, but his personality really seems to fit with the personality of what I've seen of Die Antwoord. Again, that's not a side of AFX that I particularly dig, but I can understand it.

they are pure unique artists and one of the few worthy of an aphex twin collab

you shouldn't judge them if you never even hear Ten$hion truly, it's just a fucking awesome party album

it would also be a good boost in sales for the upcomming afx comeback album :sorcerer:

let's hope its not some chinese democracy

Guest Gravity

Though I'd love to hear some new production from him, I kinda feel it'll just be them rapping over an old track of his. Is there any idea of a release date for the new album?

are you guys EFFING SERIOUS?!? This very likely means new work by Aphex Twin in some way or another. and we're mostly complaining. wtf. watmm fail.

i for one, am fucking PSYCHED. yes, i do like die antwoord. but even if i didnt, id still be fucking PSYCHED!!!

edit: even if they just used a sample, that's pretty effing cool. even just a sample of windowlicker or something. even if just a sample, whats cooler than a cool talented innovative group who we mostly respect ft a sample of afx, and especially giving him credit??

damn.

i feel like if tomorrow there was a rephlex news release announcing a new Afx Ep, ya'll would be complaining about how it's probably gonna be just white noise and 303 loops.

sorry friends... hard frustrating day at work and im kinda letting it out on this forum :/ lol

Archived