IGNORED

New Aphex Twin Song?

Guest sonnyskare

So I'm six pages in and this is starting to look more and more like it won't be the triumphant return of Alexx Twat.

Kill me now and put me out of my misery.

Also, don't act like Yolandi wouldn't get it, cause she would, I mean, her name sounds almost like roland for fucks sake. It doesn't get more analog than that.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RDJ and DA together makes a lot of sense. They both share a strong interest in the grotesque. Think about Windowlicker. In one sense, it's the most grotesque rap video you've ever seen, and it is great. Right? Now think about a Die Antwoord video... see the connection?

Die Antwoord stands for a very potent attitude about aesthetics(this rich/poor thing), and getting too hung up on taste here causes you to miss that. And I missed it the first few times. The first time I saw a Die Antwoord video, oh god the horror. Then...oh...I think this is art a little bit? Is this a bit of a play? Hmm, beautiful south african white trash, wearing rat suits, singing about butterflies. Pseudo-thuggy laughable white-rapper. Zef? Huh? Wait a second here...ohh yeah this is art. God dammit you got me.

How could RDJ not go for that?

Whether anything is actually produced between them, this relationship makes sense.

Sorry for getting opinionated.

RDJ and DA together makes a lot of sense. They both share a strong interest in the grotesque. Think about Windowlicker. In one sense, it's the most grotesque rap video you've ever seen, and it is great. Right? Now think about a Die Antwoord video... see the connection?

Die Antwoord stands for a very potent attitude about aesthetics(this rich/poor thing), and getting too hung up on taste here causes you to miss that. And I missed it the first few times. The first time I saw a Die Antwoord video, oh god the horror. Then...oh...I think this is art a little bit? Is this a bit of a play? Hmm, beautiful south african white trash, wearing rat suits, singing about butterflies. Pseudo-thuggy laughable white-rapper. Zef? Huh? Wait a second here...ohh yeah this is art. God dammit you got me.

Whether anything is actually produced between them, this relationship makes sense.

all of this is fine unless brostep

Haha...granted

More of a Cunningham connection than an AFX connection I think. Even then, I don't find Windowlicker, the track or the video, grotesque. The track is a crooked Michael Jackson or Prince track with a post-rock ending and the video is playing around with hip-hop video themes about the objectification of women. I guess the connection would be humour.

But I'm over thinking it. If there's a Die Antwoord and Aphex co-production, I'd love to hear it.

More of a Cunningham connection than an AFX connection I think. Even then, I don't find Windowlicker, the track or the video, grotesque. The track is a crooked Michael Jackson or Prince track with a post-rock ending and the video is playing around with hip-hop video themes about the objectification of women. I guess the connection would be humour.

But I'm over thinking it. If there's a Die Antwoord and Aphex co-production, I'd love to hear it.

It's there.

the image reflectsto rdj + they are are both talented music weirdos, YES!

and die antwoord lyrics are the absolute shit, wtf is wack about it someone please point it out?

their southafrican is drenched in dutch cum so it's extra awesome for me, hoe die fok het n lelike doos soos jy

are you guys serious or not serious about this thread? because i'm trying to find some continuity here and it's lacking.

get it together, seriously. dont you realize these words will live forever? this thread will be researched by people thousands of years from now.

have some more self respect. respect the gravity of what is truly at hand. we might just be talking an MTV or REVOLT comeback of epic proportions.

a lot of us might be redeemed in the eyes of many who view aphex twin fans as nerdy. for once, we can be cool.

i suggest everybody start praying for mad blessings.

/rant

are you guys serious or not serious about this thread? because i'm trying to find some continuity here and it's lacking.

get it together, seriously. dont you realize these words will live forever? this thread will be researched by people thousands of years from now.

have some more self respect. respect the gravity of what is truly at hand. we might just be talking an MTV or REVOLT comeback of epic proportions.

a lot of us might be redeemed in the eyes of many who view aphex twin fans as nerdy. for once, we can be cool.

i suggest everybody start praying for mad blessings.

/rant

haha

we all know that rdj would make the most fucked up brostep ever, and it would actually be good, so whatevs

Guest Zelmo Swift

Sometimes when an artist's song is sampled, they require a "featuring" credit attached to the song title even though they didn't create anything for the track. I've seen this at least a few times in rap.

Could this be the case here?

Archived