IGNORED

Autechre - Kalpol Introl (live 1994)

Aefx

Does anybody know who this "Alexander Vinokurov" is? Same source as that L-Event fake leak, no?

This is Aefx's name, he just re-uploaded the tac Lacora leak to his account on ge.tt to share. He compiled a lot of cool things when he was managing Ae fan site back in the day. There was even a web interview with Sean Booth at the most quiet period of their career (after Untilted), the weirdest of them all and my favourite.

Ah right. Thanks for the clarification. I forgot about that.

Any link to that interview w Sean?

I can't find that site, probably isn't there anymore. Maybe Aefx would post it here (if i'm correct that he's the one who managed the site).

It was very short, the weirdness came from the questions being compiled from local fans, for whom Autechre was still something mythical, with questions like what you wear, what you like to eat and how to understand your music, is it understandable at all? Sean did it hardcore fuck off style.

Guest pixelives

HAHAH. Amazing.

Back when I was in Uni around 99 or so a friend of mine managed to put together this rather crazy homebrew/internet message board comp of mp3 that included a ton of random stuff like gescom dj mixes, random live Ae tracks, a bunch of the Ae remixes floating around at the time. THis was at the time you couldn't even play mp3's on a Mac without winamp, pre iTunes, Mac CD player only which didn't have mp3CD capability.

I feel like this particular track was on it. It seems really familiar.

I remember being amazed that all these audio files could fit on a cd. I think everything was 96kbs or 128 at the most.

Hi guys! The site is still there, wasn't refreshing it as there was no interviews on exai but one suddenly was published so I should refresh it a bit. The interview you're talking about is here: http://autechre.net.ua/en/interviews/interview31.htm and it is fun and weird coz I was 16 at the time and really mad about possibility of connection with Sean Booth) Lack of English knowledge made it more weirder - there was questions like "what you find the hardest and easiest thing when you play live set?" that wasn't even understood by him. Serious "hardcore fuck off style" was when he answered questions about production of Chiastic Slide (tech questions from Fizzarum).

About this particular live excerpt - it was first posted on xltronic.com and I just reposted it here.

Edited by Aefx
  • Like 1

their early stuff flows so much easier than something like L-event... the 'experience' of listening to current autechre is more like observing some knotted-ass sculpture from different angles, where this track just feels GOOD. it's nice to disengage and breathe easy inside their music once in a while.

seriously i just got and listened to l event and then i come on here and listen to this. fuckinell, i'm about ready to cry out of my dick here.

x2

3rXUAGp.gif

that is so how it would go down if we listened to this together

That Cheryl Cole pet ?

cheryl_cole_1_wenn2216596.jpg

Making a conversation about having sex with Cheryl Cole suddenly stop by playing a lush version of Autechre's Kalpol Introl.

blasphemy.

also, this is lush.

• 2 months later...

I have a hunch that this and the "Live at Stormy Waters" track from around the same period - both of which are :music::wtf::sorcerer: awesome - were leaked from the same (presumably inside) source. Both are soundboard quality and well edited, and more tellingly both were encoded as high-bitrate VBR mp3s using relatively recent versions of Lame (3.97 and 3.98), which only came out in the late 2000s. So the mp3s themselves were made rather recently, perhaps by somebody sitting on a whole mess of old soundboards. We can dream, right?