• 4 weeks later...

Few streets from here (yes this is finished)

NRAxMpX.jpg

Ah, this is in Kontich! Drove by it yesterday.

I think it's not that bad.

At least it makes an effort in composition and materials.

There is waaaay worse.

Like all those neo-classical & neo-eclectic houses/apartment buildings you see popping up these days.

Especially in the town where I live, Reet. (which literally means ass-crack, no kidding)

So yeah, no surprise there I guess. :/

Belgian houses... My eyes burn with disgust. I have to make serious efforts not to puke all over the place.

I found a solution though: Just ignore them. Try to accept the fact that a lot of people don't care about this / actually want this.

Good thing though: there's also a lot of good architecture. Just gotta keep your eyes open.

I will end my rant now.

Signed,

a Belgian architect.

i'll give you the house does an effort in composition and it's almost good though not quite i mean that slab over the garage door looks quite superfluous and silly and the corner entrance is sort of not very well done

materials though... unless you mean the windows

yeah, but most of the houses being shown are not that fucking bad, it's that populist thing where the tackiest ricardo bofill doric columns equals beautiful and anything even vaguely different is horrible "brutalist slums" while big companies are building shit houses for middle class idiots by the million and nobody says anything

me, i used to be working on an architecture degree but ultimately i quit in disgust (and ruin) and i'm happier than ever

fuck that shit

Archived