IGNORED

movies about mental illness

Guest boo

hmm, so i decided i want to watch any good films that involve some kind of mental disorder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_featuring_mental_disorders

had a look at this list. which seems to be lacking stuff. lost highway.. ferris bueller's day off.. probably many more. it has some medium-level shit like the jacket and the machinist. ended up watching Manic which was ok. about to watch Hesher and Sucker Punch,which i have feel won't be that great.

but yeah, list your favourite ones. doesn't matter how obvious.

edit: oh yeah, there was a british TV drama set in a mental institution. i saw when it aired, at some point in my teens. anyone know what it's called? enjoyed it at the time,curious to see if it was actually good.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, this just. doesn't. make. sense.

Why this show? There are a hundred kids shows on with the same message. Why Ponies? Why?

Guest disparaissant

Why this show? There are a hundred kids shows on with the same message. Why Ponies? Why?

well, if that link to reddit that hoodie oh so helpfully provided in the bronies thread is any indication, they're really fucking easy to sexualize. *shudders*

well, if that link to reddit that hoodie oh so helpfully provided in the bronies thread is any indication, they're really fucking easy to sexualize. *shudders*

I'm too old for this shit. Must be a youth thing. *retires to lazyboy & opens miller highlife*

When you see medical shows, people are always getting CPR, and one study showed that CPR works on TV about 80% of the time. And now everyone thinks CPR is effective, whereas really only about 5% of the time does CPR yield "favorable results" and the rest of the time the person either dies or is revived to a vegatative state (often with broken ribs from the CPR). But anyway TV has warped our view of CPR.

And I think mental illness has suffered a similar fate in TV and film. Like with CPR, we only really see the exceptional cases...

Anyway, just a thought.

Archived