IGNORED

be honest

Guest skibby

really cool, nice sound, would be refreshing coming up in a mix. i kind of want to add drums to it, some hectic non-repetitive outbursts, linked by waning, hesitant free jazz style percussion. it works without it though.

and i'm very honest.

really cool, nice sound, would be refreshing coming up in a mix. i kind of want to add drums to it, some hectic non-repetitive outbursts, linked by waning, hesitant free jazz style percussion. it works without it though.

and i'm very honest.

:cisfor:

I've always loved the sound of FM synthesis, and this is no exception. I've never tried FM Life tho. It's a programme that allows you to run any sound thru it and get FM in the output I take it?

and i'm very honest.

:cisfor:

I've always loved the sound of FM synthesis, and this is no exception. I've never tried FM Life tho. It's a programme that allows you to run any sound thru it and get FM in the output I take it?

its basically audio frequency vibrato, that conforms to the waveform of whatever you feed the secondary inputs. in other words, if you think of a waveform in terms of being one dimensional, the movement of a speaker, then the position of the speaker is pushing and pulling the phase of inputs 1 and 2 of the plugin.

I don't think FM8 can make this track. The reason I say this is because I'm using 2 different sine synth tracks each with different midi, and FM-ing one with the other while autopanning them both.

correct me if FM8 can FM another instance of FM8 for example.

Perhaps multiple instances of fm8, or any FM synth, and some automation could do the trick. This isn't to say that yours isn't the simpler solution when going for that sound. Like I said, I'm just now getting into FM synthesis after having used Subtractive synthesis for quite a while. That realistic metallic/air-y/muddy sound really intrigues me.

I think I'm going to have a lot of fun automating FM Life.

Archived