IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

Some people consider Second Peng the first Dubstep track, predating all others which are like early 2000

Do you agree or disagree with this assessment?

nah not enough bass

otherwise, yeah sure, we invented a genre, BIG DEAL

i invent 15 genres a week

j/k

squarepusher judging fan remixes, BoC throwing international breadcrumbs around the place for their new album release and now the 'chre chatting like its no big thang.

what the fuck is next....... RDJ popping over for a green tea with a memory stick of 6 new albums....?

AAAARRRGGHHHH

yeah its a new age bruh

-it's an instrument

-no, it's not marbles or screws

your kindle is now called jimmy wales

yaay, thanks! from now on I can actually say that I'm going to bed with jimmy wales. not bad! :)

okay I'm heading for bed! take care guys. どうもありがとう (domo arigato) to both of you, and to joyrex and watmm!

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

fucking lol

what even is this

hey baph where've u been?

Guest Captain Kittens

squarepusher judging fan remixes, BoC throwing international breadcrumbs around the place for their new album release and now the 'chre chatting like its no big thang.

what the fuck is next....... RDJ popping over for a green tea with a memory stick of 6 new albums....?

AAAARRRGGHHHH

yeah its a new age bruh

Fuck yes!

gonna have to hit the hay.

Thanks loads Rob and Sean for being so generous with your time over the last few days. very unexpected and really interesting. Keep doing what you're doing, it's always inspiring and all the v best for the future.

cheers folks=]

Guest ZombieLincoln666

Are you going to use the same generative programs you developed for oversteps/exai on the new album?

I recently heard the remix you did for Soft Ballet (Jailtilsli), which is amazing, but it sounds more like Chiastic Slide or LP5 than Tri Repeatae, despite coming out in 1995 (!!). Is there a reason for that? Like, do you sit on sounds or material for lengths of time?

I am getting really anxious to see you live. I hope you get to Detroit or Chicago soon!

gonna have to hit the hay.

Thanks loads Rob and Sean for being so generous with your time over the last few days. very unexpected and really interesting. Keep doing what you're doing, it's always inspiring and all the v best for the future.

cheers folks=]

ok bye

I was really happy to see you give a shoutout to SoundEdit 16 a couple times and hear a couple tracks you've used it in -- what do you use now for similar editing purposes?

I'd ask for a recommendation for editing software, but I'm not necessarily interested in the "best" -- just something with a similar feel that doesn't require going back to OS9. SE16 was my favorite software years ago and I'm thinking of resurrecting an old OS9-era powerbook so that I can use it again.. I've never been happy with Audacity or other newer editors considered to be similar. Any recommendations?

usually i use digital performer but if its something really simple like trimming starts and ends i'll use wave editor

interesting, so you guys are still pretty die-hard about DP (digital performer)? I tried it a few times and never quite got into it but I know a few producers (one: bloodysnowman) who swears by it.

What specifically about digital Performer especially in the context of AE's music sets it apart from other serious daws like Logic, Cubase or Protools ?

Guest jasondonervan

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

fucking lol

what even is this

1841142-is_this_real_life.jpg

I was really happy to see you give a shoutout to SoundEdit 16 a couple times and hear a couple tracks you've used it in -- what do you use now for similar editing purposes?

I'd ask for a recommendation for editing software, but I'm not necessarily interested in the "best" -- just something with a similar feel that doesn't require going back to OS9. SE16 was my favorite software years ago and I'm thinking of resurrecting an old OS9-era powerbook so that I can use it again.. I've never been happy with Audacity or other newer editors considered to be similar. Any recommendations?

usually i use digital performer but if its something really simple like trimming starts and ends i'll use wave editor

interesting, so you guys are still pretty die-hard about DP (digital performer)? I tried it a few times and never quite got into it but I know a few producers (one: bloodysnowman) who swears by it.

What specifically about digital Performer especially in the context of AE's music sets it apart from other serious daws like Logic, Cubase or Protools ?

i prefer the audio editing in DP

logic has caught up a bit but DP still has the edge for me

Has anyone asked about the "Fermium" video?

How did that come about, and what is going on in it? Do you see it as relating to the music in any meaningful way?

I see it as them being on a psychedelics binge and ending at that moment when it hits you like the shits that you have been created, are self-conscious, are one kazillionth the size of the universe, and are going to die and everything is beautiful and you're crying from terror!

ok so

i'm gonna have to split

i just want to say cheers for asking so many mental questions

i hope some of our answers were illuminating or at least amusing

i really enjoyed it cos you asked us a lot of stuff that journos don't usually, i was hoping that would happen, watmm delivers

and thanks for supporting us

(really, i mean, well you know the score)

oh and to everyone who thanked us for doing this, YOU'RE WELCOME

cheers all and peace

bye wattumz

sean

i prefer the audio editing in DP

logic has caught up a bit but DP still has the edge for me

sean's 808th post

historic

Edited by triachus

fucking lol

what even is this

hey baph where've u been?

well, after Sean said it was totally normal for me to want to pee on metal things because the sounds are cool, let's just say I've been drinking a lot of water

(Seriously thank you guys for this, by the way. I know we're not supposed to muddy up the thread with thanks, but checking in here has made the work week much more tolerable. It was a rough one @ work, tbh. It's been a lot of fun and super interesting to read. Sorry if I asked too many "how'd you make this bit" questions, I know those are probably annoying as hell.)

And Sean I hope you're not getting sick from watmm-induced exhaustion. Take care of yourself, Sean pls.

Edited by baph

ok so

i'm gonna have to split

i just want to say cheers for asking so many mental questions

i hope some of our answers were illuminating or at least amusing

i really enjoyed it cos you asked us a lot of stuff that journos don't usually, i was hoping that would happen, watmm delivers

and thanks for supporting us

(really, i mean, well you know the score)

oh and to everyone who thanked us for doing this, YOU'RE WELCOME

cheers all and peace

bye wattumz

sean

peace!

SEAAAAAN

Edited by triachus