IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

A couple more while you're thinking up some to questions for us...

Amber is your only sleeve with seemingly untreated photography, is this something you would consider going back to, or do you think abstract/generated art is the bet visual interpretation of your music?

Any thoughts on the midlands? North and south England seem to have strong identities, but us midlanders seem to get forgotten about.

Also, been stuck in a creative rut lately, but all yr talk of enjoying jamming tracks has really inspired me into doing stuff like that and I'm pretty happy with all, definitely needed to stop thinking about the result and just get lost in the moment. So thanks for that!

Say, Sean and Rob, do you guys have any questions for WATMM?

at last, 106 pages BEFORE ANYONE ASKED

Hey, I already suggested that if there were things you would have liked to be named by me, just ask! That's kinda offering you guys to ask questions. I guess. Mebby.

A couple more while you're thinking up some to questions for us...

Amber is your only sleeve with seemingly untreated photography, is this something you would consider going back to, or do you think abstract/generated art is the bet visual interpretation of your music?

Any thoughts on the midlands? North and south England seem to have strong identities, but us midlanders seem to get forgotten about.

Also, been stuck in a creative rut lately, but all yr talk of enjoying jamming tracks has really inspired me into doing stuff like that and I'm pretty happy with all, definitely needed to stop thinking about the result and just get lost in the moment. So thanks for that!

yeah, i mean if anything pertinent came up we would

i love bham we did some of our best gigs there over the years

oscillate was legendary

wicked

The Stereolab remix is awesome, how did it come about? Are you fans of theirs or did they approach you or what?

Curious about this.

they asked us, i think they liked our tracks and wanted a version, was good fun to make, and we managed to bang a few offcuts from their real drummer and her singing which i still really rate.

I feel embarrassed but can you (or anyone) please re-write this sentence to standard english so I can understand it better? I am not a native and idioms and slang are problem. Thank you. "and we managed to bang a few offcuts from their real drummer and her singing which i still really rate"

on lp5 was there any conscious reference to bucephalus bouncing ball? the end of vose in always sounded slightly reminiscent of the end of bbb and drane2 obv has a "bouncing ball" effect.

it's possible I'm making the connection nostalgically since I got lp5 and come to daddy around the same time but still wonder if there was anything deliberate there.

First off, M39 Diffain is fuckin dope. The dynamic interplay between the background sounds and foreground....It has this effect of inducing very strong psychedelic sensations... Most of your songs are capable of doing this but, for me, M39 is the pinnacle of your efforts toward this end. So props for that, your service to humanity has not gone unnoticed.
The level of detail and sheer exploratory listening that Exai and L-Event provide is exceptional. There are so many sounds opening up and revealing themselves in cascades but they're each given the proper space to be appreciated.
Was there a point where you came across a general aesthetic direction for Exai and ran with it? The tracks seem to exude a cohesive otherworldly style and dominance like interacting with a superior intelligence in a huge space. '1 1 is' and 'nodezsh' being prime examples.
Basically, i'm asking to hear your thoughts on the overall sound you achieved with Exai and L-Event and how you perceive it? What excites you about these records in particular?
Also, what excited you most about your live oversteppers stuff? It was so fuckin mind melting and almost primordial. Dope as fuck.

quite early on things were kind of heading in towards something yeah, usually LPs don't do that until quite a while into writing new material. i think this time though, must have caught us early enough to intensify what we could see developing as we were doing them.

thanks, (sounds cheesy i bet) but it looks like u hear it he way i do too, fwiw.

If there were to be a Nord Modular G3, what changes would you like to see?

A commitment to support their editor software even after the unit goes out of production?

yeah this

The Stereolab remix is awesome, how did it come about? Are you fans of theirs or did they approach you or what?

Curious about this.

they asked us, i think they liked our tracks and wanted a version, was good fun to make, and we managed to bang a few offcuts from their real drummer and her singing which i still really rate.

I feel embarrassed but can you (or anyone) please re-write this sentence to standard english so I can understand it better? I am not a native and idioms and slang are problem. Thank you. "and we managed to bang a few offcuts from their real drummer and her singing which i still really rate"

and we managed to include some of the drumming outtakes they included on the DAT they supplied us with; and her singing, of which i am a huge fan

ok cant find my old question on here but was wondering if u guys ever upgraded to a pacarana or still messing with kyma language ??> :)

Talking about singing - never thought about a Björk collab? After all her stuff especially with Plaid I guess she's some sort of heroine for us... Or is a singing voice in your tracks - impossible?

on lp5 was there any conscious reference to bucephalus bouncing ball? the end of vose in always sounded slightly reminiscent of the end of bbb and drane2 obv has a "bouncing ball" effect.

it's possible I'm making the connection nostalgically since I got lp5 and come to daddy around the same time but still wonder if there was anything deliberate there.

yeah we did the track drane, which had that exponential speeding-up delay thing happening, and then rich did that bouncing ball track, and we answered it with drane2 which was the same delay trick but feeding percussion into it instead, as a kind of tease

he said he made a bouncing ball revenge track to it once but i guess he didn't release it, prob cos we all got better things to do than get into a tricks war :gamer:

If there were to be a Nord Modular G3, what changes would you like to see?

A commitment to support their editor software even after the unit goes out of production?

yeah this

Curious about this.

and we managed to include some of the drumming outtakes they included on the DAT they supplied us with; and her singing, of which i am a huge fan

Well, it indeed turned out to have different meaning than I thought it had :D Thanks, Sean.

Edited by Jev

Talking about singing - never thought about a Björk collab? After all her stuff especially with Plaid I guess she's some sort of heroine for us... Or is a singing voice in your tracks - impossible?

dunno i mean she has to be the boss from what i understand

might work, but in practice i dunno how deferential we would be, it's not in our collective nature

Mailman-kicks-glass-door.gif

what sample rate do you use, when synthesizing and mixing?
you were mentioning renoise native reverb in 2008, in article ('easy to be hard' @ remixmag) about gear used in Quaristice, saying that it sounds very 'grey'. do you remember which one of two (Reverb or mpReverb) and in which track off Quaristice? can you give some hints on this?
what do you think about mr. oizo's post-'moustache' output? did you saw his recent films?
thank you!

shameless push

This page on whosampled.com:

http://www.whosampled.com/search/?q=autechre

Is it accurate? If not, where?

Any other things that should be added?

hah, you can't blame me for trying

*slight shame*

that recury one's wrong

Sean/Rob,

Do you think of the many influx of new members due to this thread, one of these new members is Cylob?

that would be nice, and it's certainly possible

Guest synthesizerpatel

Are the only eurorack modules you're using from Analogue Systems? If so, what features are you looking for in order to expand your eurorack rig or replace current AS modules?

bump

No answers ;( ......... my juno 6 & korg delta are sittin by a bath contemplating life or not wrkin..

lol sorry mate, i keep half expecting SB to have named this already as I'm still 3 pages from the edge…..

your juno6 is called Robert Mcall

your korg is called Freddie Laker